Plz Help For renaming Files

Hi.

I didn not read up the whole thread. Nevertheless: have a look at the freeware tool "14aren" (one for a rename),

If it should meet your requirements, it's useless to invite the wheel a 2nd time. (except for academic purposes ... ;) )

Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

This is a step in the right direction.

Are these the files you want to rename? This is still unclear to me.When the array contains the correct file names, you can loop through the values using For... To... Next, and rename them one at a time. As I said earlier, you still need to figure out how to rename one file before you try to rename a list of files one after the other. By trying to do this simple task, you will be able to understand more easily how the rest of the code needs to be written.

There are several steps involved to acheive what you want and you need to make the first step yourself. It doesn't matter if your code isn't perfect because we can fix that. Post your own attempts to solve each problem you encounter.

The screenshot appears to show folders as well as files. That is another thing to deal with. To handle this you need to use a conditional statement. What's that? You need to check that the name ends with the four characters .gif each time before you try to rename it. All these things are easy enough, but understanding the process is much more useful to you. So rename a test file. Here's a hint: you will need to use two folders because renaming a file involves moving it.

Edited by czardas