Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rossati

A container for controls

10 posts in this topic

Hello

I am searching a container for controls in order to destroy, in one fell swoop, many controls.

A candidate, apart a new window, could be the tab control but he is not completely adaptable:

• it is not possible eliminate a tab description,
  • I am not able to set the background colour.
En passant how I can know the GUI background colour i.e. there is not the function GUIGetBkColor.

Thanks

John Rossati

To get the background color of a GUI, you will have to use something like PixelGetColor, there's no native function that retrieves it.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Thanks to all

An Id array is what I handle actually, the tab would be very good, it can be deleted with all inside controls, but a tab item control without text drafts a rectangle but don't host controls inside.

John Rossati

You could put the control ids in a array and then loop through it and delete everything.

I was thinking along the same lines. Couldn't you put the ids in the array, and then just do $aArray = 0 to kill the whole thing?

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

I was thinking along the same lines. Couldn't you put the ids in the array, and then just do $aArray = 0 to kill the whole thing?

After looping through it with GUICtrlDelete() first ofc.

All that would do is delete all references to the controls, it won't delete the controls themself, they'll still be there.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I am working on a new Window, but it seems me there are a lot of problems, first I can create a new window, but it seems that GUISwitch does not work, i.e. the handle returned from _WinAPI_CreateWindowEx is not the same type of the handle returned from GUICreate:

$iStyle = $WS_POPUP

$sClass = "Autoit v3 GUI"

$sName = ""

$iX = 110

$iY = 140

$iWidth = 200

$iHeight = 200

$hw = _WinAPI_CreateWindowEx($iExStyle, $sClass, $sName, $iStyle, $iX, $iY, $iWidth, $iHeight, $hWind)

GUISwitch($hw)

So I can't add widgets, set background color etc.

John Rossati

GUI*() functions work on other GUI*() functions. AutoIt doesn't know about anything outside what it itself created. If you create UDF controls/windows, you'll have to continue and use UDF functions to work with them.

But why are you even using _WinAPI_CreateWindowEx() here and throwing away all the niceties AutoIt provide? I mean, it's not like GUICreate() can't use $WS_POPUP.

1 person likes this

Thanks AdmiralAlkex

You got me a solution: a child GUI.

My problem is to drop a lot of controls (for compact my form generator), and a child which can be 'camouflaged ' in another GUI is a solution.

John Rossati