[Solved] Change Default Windows / Tasktray / Taskbar Icon

Hi Guys,

I've been digging into the search function as well as read every documentation on this site but I couldn't find what I was looking for. I've been doing this for 3 days before deciding to open a thread so hopefully someone is kind enough to help.

I wanted to change the default autoit icon when excecuting a script on three places - the main windows icon (upper left corner of a windows, before the title), taskbar icon, and tasktray icon. How do I go about changing these to another icon?

Hope it's easy to do and thanks for reading.

Edited by dreamzboy

• Moderators

Hi Guys,

I've been digging into the search function as well as read every documentation on this site but I couldn't find what I was looking for.

This is hard to believe, dreamzboy, as a quick search of the help file using just the word "icon" leads you to GUISetIcon, which resolves your first question. I would suggest searching harder for the remaining items :)

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Boy I feel like an idiot. It was right under my nose. I'm too focus in writing the script and GuilCtrlCreateIcon that I completely missed that. I did however searched "tasktray icon" which came up with a bunch of ways to make menu out of it but not change it. I'll continue to search but if someone has a quick answer, it would save me a lot of time. Thost time can be used to write script. ;)

• Moderators

see what 53 minutes of searching can do for you :) Glad you were able to resolve your problem.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

see what 53 minutes of searching can do for you :) Glad you were able to resolve your problem.

I did go through the search but maybe my keyword aren't working. Sometime you just need another set of eyes to spot out what is blind to other. :wacko:

Edited by dreamzboy