Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dreamzboy

[Solved] Change Default Windows / Tasktray / Taskbar Icon

7 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi Guys,

I've been digging into the search function as well as read every documentation on this site but I couldn't find what I was looking for. I've been doing this for 3 days before deciding to open a thread so hopefully someone is kind enough to help.

I wanted to change the default autoit icon when excecuting a script on three places - the main windows icon (upper left corner of a windows, before the title), taskbar icon, and tasktray icon. How do I go about changing these to another icon?

Hope it's easy to do and thanks for reading.

Edited by dreamzboy

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi Guys,

I've been digging into the search function as well as read every documentation on this site but I couldn't find what I was looking for.

This is hard to believe, dreamzboy, as a quick search of the help file using just the word "icon" leads you to GUISetIcon, which resolves your first question. I would suggest searching harder for the remaining items :)

Edited by JLogan3o13

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Boy I feel like an idiot. It was right under my nose. I'm too focus in writing the script and GuilCtrlCreateIcon that I completely missed that. I did however searched "tasktray icon" which came up with a bunch of ways to make menu out of it but not change it. I'll continue to search but if someone has a quick answer, it would save me a lot of time. Thost time can be used to write script. ;)

After changing the windows title icon, it automatically applied to the task bar icon. Still looking for a solution for tasktray.

Found what I was looking for. Problem solved!

see what 53 minutes of searching can do for you :) Glad you were able to resolve your problem.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

see what 53 minutes of searching can do for you :) Glad you were able to resolve your problem.

I did go through the search but maybe my keyword aren't working. Sometime you just need another set of eyes to spot out what is blind to other. :wacko:

Edited by dreamzboy