Is this a standard control?

I'm trying to write a script in J-walk, but can't interact with the controls. This is the AutoIT window info:

>>>> Control <<<<
Class: Edit
Instance: 5
ClassnameNN: Edit5
Name:
Advanced (Class): [CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:5]
ID: 6
Text:
Position: 483, 255
Size: 16, 22
ControlClick Coords: 8, 11
Style: 0x548300C4
ExStyle: 0x00000004
Handle: 0x0035029C

Is it possible to tell from this information if this is a standard window control? Do you have any advice how I can interact with these controls? I can use controls to get text, however I want to use controlsettext or controlsend.

Edited by Rigest

I'm trying to write a script in J-walk

Don't you think this would be better asked in a forum about J-walk programming?

It's like saying since we know how to drive a car, we can help you to manufacture them. :mellow:

Edited by mechaflash213
Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

can you produce some code that you're having issues with?

if the autoit info tool returns an edit class, you should be able to interact with it.

Some things to keep in mind, some controls are finicky when attempting to manipulate them. You may need to bring the application window into focus before attempting to interact with the controls.

Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

Winactivate ("Easy @ccess A")

Winwaitactive ("Easy @ccess A")

controlclick ("Easy @cces A", "", 22)

$is = controlsend ("Easy @cces A", "", "Edit2", "N")

msgbox (0, "", $is)

$is2 = ControlSetText ("Easy @cces A", "", "Edit2", "N")

msgbox (0, "", $is2)

The system also has it's own record script function, which looks like this:

rem Recorded script
HostScreenPutString( "3" )
HostScreenSendKey( "Field Exit" )
HostCursorPut(21,14)
HostScreenSendKey( "Enter" )
HostScreenPutString( "n" )
HostCursorPut(6,48)
HostCursorPut(7,48)
HostScreenSendKey( "Enter" )
end

But I can't figure out how I can combine this with AutoIT.

Easy @ccess... is that the Credit Reporting application to use for Transvista, Experian and Equifax?

Spoiler