Sign in to follow this  
ICANSEEYOU7687

Date to Day

ICANSEEYOU7687

In a nut shell I have some excel files with data extracted from calendars and I am trying to get some statistics. One of the things I would like to do is compare on which days certain things happen.

So I was curious if anyone had an easy way to convert a date in a format (something like XX/XX/XX) to a day Mon-Fri.

Thanks!

jdelaney

_DateToDayOfWeek

Returns the weekdaynumber for a given date.

#include <Date.au3>

_DateToDayOfWeek($iYear, $iMonth, $iDay)

Parameters

$iYear A valid year in format YYYY $iMonth A valid month in format MM $iDay A valid day in format DD

Return Value

Success: Returns Day of the Week Range is 1 to 7 where 1=Sunday.

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• VADemon
      By VADemon
      I've encountered a problem with a single file where I cannot retrieve it's Date-time. So far my code has worked well for over 30 files, but this one is a mystery I cannot debug myself due to insufficient Au3 knowledge.
      In line 11 "_Date_Time_FileTimeToArray" is called and for this particular file it sets the @error to 10. I don't know what that error code means, but it's not set by the _Date functions themselves I think.
      Overall, it could be a problem caused by any of the functions below, how can I properly debug this? / Does anybody know a what's causing this?
      _WinAPI_CreateFile() / _Date_Time_GetFileTime() / _Date_Time_FileTimeToArray()
      Func _SetFileTimes($sFilePath) Local $monthNumber[13] = ["", "January", "February", "March", "April", "May", "Juny", "July", "August", "September", "October", "November", "December"] Local $dayNumber[7] = ["Sunday", "Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday", "Thursday", "Friday", "Saturday"] Local $fHandle = _WinAPI_CreateFile($sFilePath, 2, 2) ; read-only ; may NOT return a valid date for some reason! TODO Local $fTagFILETIME = _Date_Time_GetFileTime($fHandle) _WinAPI_CloseHandle($fHandle) ; This will return an empty array if theres no valid date $fModTime = _Date_Time_FileTimeToArray($fTagFILETIME[2]) ; last Modified if @error <> 10 then Local $year = $fModTime[2] Local $month = $fModTime[0] Local $day = $fModTime[1] Local $hour = $fModTime[3] Local $min = $fModTime[4] Local $sec = $fModTime[5] Local $ms = $fModTime[6] Local $weekday = $fModTime[7] Global $prettyTimestamp = StringFormat("%s, %s %d, %04d %02d:%02d:%02d", $dayNumber[$weekday], $monthNumber[$month], $day, $year, $hour, $min, $sec) Global $uploadDate = StringFormat("%04d-%02d-%02d", $year, $month, $day) $fModTime = _Date_Time_FileTimeToArray(_Date_Time_FileTimeToLocalFileTime($fTagFILETIME[2])) ; last Modified Local $year = $fModTime[2] Local $month = $fModTime[0] Local $day = $fModTime[1] Local $hour = $fModTime[3] Local $min = $fModTime[4] Local $sec = $fModTime[5] Local $ms = $fModTime[6] Local $weekday = $fModTime[7] ; GetUnixTime accounts for Local time, hence feed it local time Global $unixTimestamp = _GetUnixTime($year &"/"& $month &"/"& $day &" "& $hour&":"& $min &":"& $sec) else Global $prettyTimestamp = "N/A" Global $uploadDate = "" Global $unixTimestamp = "N/A" endif endfunc  
      _GetUnixTime returned the year 1601 start date, showing that $fModTime is probably equal 0. (But Why?)
      The file reports these dates in Explorer, it's on local NTFS drive:
      Created: ‎‎Wednesday, ‎31. ‎Januar ‎2018, ‏‎18:55:02
      Modified: ‎Wednesday, ‎10. ‎Januar ‎2018, ‏‎12:39:23
      Accessed: ‎Wednesday, ‎10. ‎Januar ‎2018, ‏‎12:39:23
    • nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      I need help turning this string "20180913221626" into a formatted time string.
      I need to go from this: 20180913221626
      to this: 09/13/2018 10:16 PM
      I do not always know what the date will be so I can not just use a variable I need to actually convert/format. 
      I did see an older post in the forms that was basically the same question only the other guy did not post the working code and I can not figure out how to use _AD_GetObjectProperties properly to get what I want. 
      As always any help would be appreciated. 
      Here is the code I use to find the date, but it always gives me the unformatted version. 
      ;retrieve the items object $oItem = $oOutlook.Session.GetItemFromID($aItems[1][0], Default) $oItem.GetInspector $eSentOn = $oItem.SentOn ; When was the email sent? MsgBox("", "Sent On of the email", $eSentOn) ;******************************************************************************* ; Formats the date and time from the email ;******************************************************************************* ;Local $fDatenTime = _DateTimeFormat($eSentOn, 1) ;MsgBox("", "Formatted email time", $fDatenTime) $aProperties = _AD_GetObjectProperties($eSentOn) _ArrayDisplay($aProperties, "Did the conversion work?")  
    • Jemboy
      By Jemboy
      Hi,
      Ones(some times twice) a month I get an e-mail with zip file, which has price updates from a supplier.
      I have to upload the file to an FTP to get it processed.
      When uploading the file, it will get "timestamped" with the time and date at which time the file was uploaded.
      Normally this is fine, because I mostly upload the file the same day.
      Sometimes it may take 1 or 2 days before I can upload the file.
      For historical purpose, I would like to have the file timestamped with the original date.
      I have tried using:  _FTP_Command ( $hFTPSession, "MFCT YYYYMMDDHHMMSS path") 
      however this command does not work or change the timestamp as I expected.
      Does anyone now a way how I can change the timestamp of a FTP-file?
    • Siryx
      By Siryx
      So what i need is a function that I pass a starting date into and it counts up to the current date. Example:
      2009-05-30
      2009-05-31
      2009-06-01
      2018-06-18
      How would I do that? I found the Date.au3 in the includes but I can't find anything close to a time object like I'm used to working with in Java. I just need some $date = setDate(2009-05-30) and from there I could just add a day every time. I need this to be in the very format I stated earlier and from what I can see everytime related to date and time is automatically changed to my german locale.
      €: I already tried setDate but instead it changed my PCs clock. Not quite what i was looking for  
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz

Hello
      I have a question please
      How to show Islamic date in Autoit
      I mean
      for example
      Ramadan month
      And moharam month ... etc
      I hope my question is clear for you
      Thanks in advance