Compiling/ AU2exe.exe UPX.exe Insight for creating "Setup Creator"

Kendall

I need a lil insight into au2exe.exe and UPX.exe.

I would like to create a Custom Setup program like Inno and others.

In order to do this i would need to create then compile an Au3 script. The making of it is the easy part.

The question is: Could we use the Au2exe in our script ( _fileinstall ) then extract it to a temp file and then create the exe using it, then delete it.

If not then we could still proceed and make a setup creator for everyone that uses Autoit.

Reasons behind this question:

• Is this something that Jonathan Bennett is ok with?
  • Do we need permission to use it?
  • ( Dependencies) What does Au2exe depend on?
  • Is there a different compiler that can be used that will have the same ability ( Compile options) as Au2exe

Ultimately i would like to give back to Autoit for providing a great tool. I myself would like to have a setup program that is not controlled by others and believe that others may find a setup creator for there programs would be great as well.

Any and all suggestions would be great.

Kendall Bennett

What you're ultimately doing is redistributing the executable. Here's the EULA agreement's "SOFTWARE PRODUCT LICENSE" section 1: GRANT OF LICENSE

1. GRANT OF LICENSE

This EULA grants you the following rights:

Installation and Use. You may install and use an unlimited number of copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.

Reproduction and Distribution. You may reproduce and distribute an unlimited number of copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT either in whole or in part; each copy should include all copyright and trademark notices, and shall be accompanied by a copy of this EULA. Copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT may be distributed as a standalone product or included with your own product.

Commercial Use. You may use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT for commercial purposes. You may sell for profit and freely distribute scripts and/or compiled scripts that were created with the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.

Reverse engineering. You may not reverse engineer or disassemble the SOFTWARE PRODUCT or compiled scripts that were created with the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.

Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”