Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AutoitMike

RegKeyWrite Will not create keys under HKLM Win7

4 posts in this topic

RegKeyWrite will not create a key under HKLM in Windows 7 64 bit. Using HKLM64 does not work either.

Funny, RegKeyWrite will create keys under HKCU without use of the "64" in windows 7 64 bit

RegKeyRead will read from HKLM64 keys and sub keys.

Does anybody know the game rules here. I would like to know the definitive rule / answer.

Thanks

What credentials are you using when you try to write there? You have to be an admin to write to HKLM if I'm not mistaken.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

My log in account is configured as Administrator.

Does the application running have to be an administrator, if so, how is that done?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• steveeye
      By steveeye
      hey, can anybody enlighten on lesser known Windows hacks or uses ?
    • afallenhope
      By afallenhope
      Hello all! 
      I am having a bit of trouble and was wondering if anyone may have a workaround for my issue. I made a script that would automatically install a piece of software each night on a Windows 7 Box. Now I have been instructed to do the same with a Windows 10 box since the application is now being tested on Windows 10. 
      The way I did the win7 installation was that I made a script and then made an executable that I call with a batch file along with the Installer. So the process is 
      AutoitMainFile calls batch file, batch file opens Installer, and the automatedinstaller.exe  The automatedinstlaller waits 10-20 seconds to make sure the Installer has been fully loaded.
      When I try to do the same both get loaded but the automatedinstallation.exe does not send commands to the installer. The code does work and nothing from the program we are wanting to install has changed as our Windows 7 runs every night no problem. 

Do I need to make a new automatedinstall script for windows 10? 
      Any advice is appreciated 
      Thanks,
      Richard
    • AutoitMike
      By AutoitMike
      I saw a post dated 2013 about WinSetTitle not working in Win7 64bit. No answer there for me.
      I am trying to set the title of a window, the function returns success and the title is changed for about 50 ms and then reverts back to its original value.
      #RequireAdmin makes no difference in operation.
      I have tried using the handle, the title and the class to define the window. Operation is the same for all three ways.
      EG:
      WinSetTitle("Old Title", "", "New Title")
      WinSetTitle("[Class:Class name]","","New Title")
      WinSetTitle(handle,"","New Title")
      ;=======================================================================================
      All functions report success.
      WinActivate("PxxCXpbHG", "Text")
      WinSetTitle("PxxCXpbHG ", "Text","New title")
      $M1=WinGetTitle("[ACTIVE]","")
      sleep (100)
      $M2=WinGetTitle("[ACTIVE]","")
      MsgBox(0,"", $M1 & "  " & $M2) ;------------------> "New Title"  "PxxCXpbHG"
      If I change Sleep to 50 , then it is "New Title", "New Title" so somewhere between 50 and 100 ms it gets changed back,but by what??
      Thanks for any help in this matter.

• ur
      By ur
      I have enabled admin sharing in the remote machine so that I can copy files to the remote machine use PSEXEC to execute our application remotely.
        Now, if the machine is poweredoff we need to poweriton. So I checked whether the remote machine, it is of both VirtualBox or VMWare one. For VirtualBox or VMware, I have found command line utities to poweron.   But to autologon by skipping the login screen.Can anyone suggest how to do the same.If it is a physical machine, then there is no need to poweron but autologon is required.   I am trying for windows machines.Win 7 at present.   For VirtualBox I checked below link with help og guestadditions but not working. http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch09.html#autologon   The below procedure will save the password in that machine and it will logon automatically.   http://www.howtogeek.com/112919/how-to-make-your-windows-8-computer-logon-automatically/   But it will give access to everyne.But my opinion is he should access only if have credentias.I mean through any commandline from another machine he should trigger logon also by passing credentials.     Similarly this also   http://www.cnet.com/how-to/automatically-log-in-to-your-windows-10-pc/   http://superuser.com/questions/28647/how-do-i-enable-automatic-logon-in-windows-7-when-im-on-a-domain   http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/ht/auto-logon-windows-7.htm   http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/windows7/windows7_auto_logon.htm   https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ee872306.aspx   Please guide me how to proceed.
    • imitto
      By imitto
      Hello all!
      I was in read-only until today, started to use Autoit 3 weeks ago. It can really make things easy, I really love it
      I have some script now that works and make our job effective, but I have problems with the latest. It works if I open the script's folder and run the exe directly. If I use the shortcut that I created on the desktop, it's not working properly. Activates the window, but not opening/exporting my files, just opens the last msgbox. I use ftp becouse the PC and the destination PC is not on the same network.
      Here's the script:
      #Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=..\microsoft_excel.ico #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Comment=send file over ftp #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Description=send file over ftp for process #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Language=1038 #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_requestedExecutionLevel=requireAdministrator #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #cs ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- AutoIt Version: 3.3.14.2 Author: imitto Script Function: Rename and put playlist file on ftp #ce ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- #RequireAdmin #include <File.au3> #include <FileConstants.au3> #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <FTPEx.au3> ; Script Start Global $playlistname=@YEAR&@MON&@MDAY&"-playlist.pll" BlockInput($BI_DISABLE) Opt ("WinTitleMatchMode", 2) WinActivate("MAIN SCHED") WinWaitActive("MAIN SCHED") ;Opt ("WinTitleMatchMode", 1) Send("!fo") WinWaitActive("Open") Send("Z:\playlist\"&$playlistname&"{ENTER}") Sleep(2000) Send("!fe") WinWaitActive("MCon") Send("{ENTER}") WinWaitActive("Save") Send("C:\sendFileForXLS\lista.txt{ENTER}") Sleep(500) Send("!fc") BlockInput($BI_ENABLE) Sleep(50) Opt ("WinTitleMatchMode", 1) Local $hOpen = _FTP_Open('MyFTP Control') $ftp=_FTP_Connect($hOpen, "**********", "******", "******") If @error Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, '_FTP_Connect', 'ERROR=' & @error) Else _FTP_FilePut($ftp, @ScriptDir&"\lista.txt", "/lista.txt") EndIf Local $iFtpc = _FTP_Close($hOpen) FileDelete(@ScriptDir&"\lista.txt") MsgBox(0, "", "Playlist exported", 2) Exit