Run Script that controls windows GUI without being logged in.

kudrow

First off, a big thanks to everyone that has helped me with my various questions. I would not be at this point with out your help.

So a quick run down: I send a command to a server over TCP and the server executes a script that controls another GUI application that generates reports. The server will read the report in and send it back to the orginating client over TCP. This all works really well WHEN SERVER IS LOGGED INTO THE DESKTOP. If I log out or lock the computer it will not execute. When I log back in to the desktop the script will begin executing the GUI control. What are my options with this? I am running a compiled version as an exe. I am aware that any running applications will close if I log out but I guess I need this exe to run as a service? I am not sure what to do.

Thanks!

• Moderators

Plenty of examples there Kudrow, what are you having issues with?

Pretty sure you can't run a GUI as a service btw.

Kips event tcp udf ( I believe it's limited to 63 or 64 connections based on the method it's using, but I may be wrong ) and Arckers service udf that you linked to may be all you need to have.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Plenty of examples there Kudrow, what are you having issues with?

Pretty sure you can't run a GUI as a service btw.

Kips event tcp udf ( I believe it's limited to 63 or 64 connections based on the method it's using, but I may be wrong ) and Arckers service udf that you linked to may be all you need to have.

You can run it as a service but the results are useless. Its the same effect as if I used task scheduler to execute the exe, its in task manager as a running process but of course it does not interact with the desktop. The solution is to run everything in a virtual environment. The virtual machine never locks or logs off automatically so it works like a champ. Down side is that my deployment of my script became insainly complicated. It is what it is though. Thanks for the help.