Sign in to follow this  
Fyzzle

Select text in an IE window

Fyzzle

The scenario I have is that I have to go online to request keys for software packages and I would like to script out as much as possible.

I've automated getting the key but I would like to be able to select it and assign it to a variable for later use, and I'm not sure how to get it.

Here's the spot in the page where I can see it, i've changed the key around so it's not a real key, but obviously it will change every time.

<tr>
   <td>Activation Id:
   <div class=note>Activation Id is Case Sensitive</div>
   </td>
   <td>e12a-daf6-812d-4abe-b9h2-3acb-9qqf-0709</td>
  </tr>

There's also a second spot where it appears, not sure if that would work better or not.

<tr>
   <td>Details:</td>
   <td><a
    href="/wba/licenseDetails.do?license=e12a-daf6-812d-4abe-b9h2-3acb-9qqf-0709&server=FNO"
    target="_blank">License details</a></td>
  </tr>

I've looked at _IEBodyReadText but I don't see a way to just pull a key out of the code, anyone run into something like this yet? Clicking that link gets me to another page but is not anymore helpful with any objects I can reference.

Thanks guys.

Danp2

You could use _IELinkGetCollection to get all the links and then scan the hrefs of the resulting collection for those that match your desired URL, ie: /wba/licenseDetails.do. Then just parse the href to get the license number.