when will be v3.1.2 released?

peethebee

What difference does it make?

Well, no big thing, but it's sometime difficult to justify the use of a software labeled "beta" in our office.

People look scared "what you're using a BETA version?" *sigh* :whistle:

Any of my own codes posted on the forum are free for use by others without any restriction of any kind. (WTFPL)

• Moderators

Well, no big thing, but it's sometime difficult to justify the use of a software labeled "beta" in our office.

People look scared "what you're using a BETA version?" *sigh* :whistle:

LOL (I understand, but AutoIt's beta is actually more stable than the release anyway), ... just put it in the main folder (I do) and if your using SciTe then change this:

Open SciTe >> Options >> Open User Options File >>

And add this line: autoit3dir=$(SciteDefaultHome)\..\Beta

This will run Beta as default.

There's more info here:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=209224

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't all programs that are "final" just waiting to become beta again?

Its like people moan , oh my god, its Monday again, just to be able to say four days latter,TGIF, its Friday.

But then, Monday rolls around again and the cycle continues.

Be thankful we have betas! That means active ongoing develoment.

vim

as i see it Autoit, or programing in general is a work in progress, the developers continue to work on new features, and bug fixes.. it's a never ending battle, i'm soooooo happy the autoit developers are as active as they are.

Why? :whistle:

after releasing over 100 new beta versions, I think the devs will call the new "final" version 3.2 or even 3.5 :)

Any of my own codes posted on the forum are free for use by others without any restriction of any kind. (WTFPL)

I think it wil be version 4.0 :):lmao::whistle:

To be honest, nagging gives anyone the shits, so best to leave matters to the developers. Sure a push to move on is sometimes needed but a limit of tolerance should be reserved. Thanks for your concern and being friendly.

I'm sure if 4.0 come along, it would be more then you may expect, as I would not rewrite some 69,000 lines for anything less...

To be honest, multithreading would not be enough to rewrite, i wiould have to expect to be more...

Leave it to the Devs... :) as they care just as much