Path for a program that selects its textbox automatically

I have a program that has a bug. It has a textbox that whenever you write in there it automatically selects all of its content at a random time. So what is happening that when I write in that textbox in the middle of the writing its selects every thing and the next character I press it deletes everything =\

Im new to autoit so please help me to write a code that will recognize when the text is selected and just puts the cursor at the end of the text.

• Moderators

IlyaMichlin,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum. :)

It sounds to me as if the problem comes from the fact that the app leaves all the text in the "textbox" selected. So I suggest that you recode the script to "deselect" the content after it has done whatever it needs to do. But we could offer more focused help if you posted the code in question. Please use Code tags when you do - put [autoit] before and [/autoit] after your posted code - then you get it displayed in a scrolling box with syntax highlighting. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

IlyaMichlin,

A good lesson there - if you explain your problem in full from the beginning then we do not waste time asking questions. ;)

What is this app that so unpleasantly highlights the text at random intervals? If you use the Window Info Tool ("Your_AutoIt_PathAu3Info.exe") what does it tell you about the edit control into which you are typing? :huh:

If the app uses the standard Windows API then we can perhaps look at regular intervals to detect whenever the text is highlighted (highlit?) and, if it is, move the cursor to the end of the text. But we need to know what we are dealing with first, so over to you for some more information. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area