[Solved] What Happened to SyntaxCheck (CTRL-F5)?

Zohar

I understand.

Thank you - so I will fix small Selection background the problem myself.

Now regarding SyntaxCheck (Ctrl-F5) back in Scite Lite, should I wait for a new build?

Who knows when it will come.. :/

• Developers

OK..

Just to verify..

If I installed the main Installer, called "AutoIt Full Installation",

then I need to install SciTE4AutoIt3.exe (4679Kb)?

That's OK?

It is indeed that I made a mistake with updating the properties for SciTE delivered with that Production version. It has been corrected for a while already.

2 options to fix this when you insist to stay with the lite version:

• In SciTE click Options/Open Options file and add this into it:
    autoit3dir=$(SciteDefaultHome)\..

au3=*.au3
        filter.au3=AutoIt (au3)|*.au3|
        lexer.$(au3)=au3

# Commands to compile / run your script
        command.compile.*.au3="$(autoit3dir)\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe" /in "$(FilePath)"
        command.build.*.au3="$(autoit3dir)\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe" /in "$(FilePath)"
        command.go.*.au3="$(autoit3dir)\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "$(FilePath)" $(1) $(2) $(3) $(4)
        #
        # 03 Tylo's au3check program for Prod
        command.3.$(au3)="$(autoit3dir)\au3check.exe" -q "$(FilePath)"
        command.name.3.$(au3)=SyntaxCheck Prod
        command.shortcut.3.$(au3)=Ctrl+F5
        command.save.before.3.$(au3)=1
        #

• Download the latest beta version of SciTE-Lite here.

Easy way is indeed to install the full version of SciTE4AutoIt3 ;)

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

Hi Jos

Thank you very much.

Can I please ask you when will a Final release of "AutoIt Full Installation" (that includes Scite Lite) be released?

No idea... I only maintain the SciTE stuf with all its utilities and installer.

The SciTElite posted is the latest version which you can use with the current version of AutoIt3 without any issue.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I understand - thanks for the help..

1 important question that arose after looking at the Change Log:

There's a line there:

"Changed: Compiling with VC10. Added workarounds for Win2000/XP RTM to allow execution of AutoIt, Aut2Exe, Au3Info, Au3Check and AutoItHelp."

I am using Windows XP SP3 - does this mean I am about to experience problems because of this VC10 compiling?

• Developers

1 important question that arose after looking at the Change Log:

There's a line there:

"Changed: Compiling with VC10. Added workarounds for Win2000/XP RTM to allow execution of AutoIt, Aut2Exe, Au3Info, Au3Check and AutoItHelp."

I am using Windows XP SP3 - does this mean I am about to experience problems because of this VC10 compiling?

Why important? have you tried running autoit3 and have you had issue with it?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I haven't had any issue yet,

but the mentioning of Windows XP in that Change Log line, worries me :)

As said, I am using Windows XP SP3,

and I have no plans on "moving forward" to the newer OSes Microsoft released.

The fact that they wrote there "Added workarounds" seems like a bad sign for Windows XP users?

(and why is "RTM" mentioned there?)

Edited by Zohar

• Developers

I haven't had any issue yet,

but the mentioning of Windows XP in that Change Log line, worries me :)

As said, I am using Windows XP SP3,

and I have no plans on "moving forward" to the newer OSes Microsoft released.

The fact that they wrote there "Added workarounds" seems like a bad sign for Windows XP users?

(and why does "RTM" mentioned there?)

Don't worry about it and things run fine in WinXP SP3, which by the way is end-of-life next year April after which you won't be getting any patches any more.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

People have been using that workaround since 2011 on XP without a problem, any reason why you think you'd have one?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

which by the way is end-of-life next year April after which you won't be getting any patches any more.

If I have to choose between comfortability of Windows XP vs the newer OSes, and patches,

I'd go with Windows XP :)

Vista is horrible,

"7" is Vista, with a new name and some bug fixes,

and "8", well, it's good for Tblets, not Desktops.

People have been using that workaround since 2011 on XP without a problem, any reason why you think you'd have one?

No, no special reason for me.. just asking, to know if I should start encountering any problem.. which if yes, means maybe I should stick with 3.3.6.1.

But according to what you say, I shouldn't encounter anything, so I will not revert back to 3.3.6.1..

Jos, using option #2 that you gave, really helped, thank you..

If I ever have some ideas regarding SciTE,

how should I communicate with you?

(here, or private messag, or anything else)

Edited by Zohar