[Solved] What Happened to SyntaxCheck (CTRL-F5)?

Zohar

Hi

I installed the latest version of AutoIt 2 weeks ago,

and now when I write code and press CTRL-F5 to verify it, nothing happens..

Where is this feature now?

Thank you

Zohar

Edited by Zohar

Are you running prod or beta? CTRL+F5 = prod, CTRL+ALT+F5 = beta.

Hi

I installed the regular download - 3.3.8.1

It's the first item in this page:

http://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/downloads/

called "AutoIt Full Installation".

Ctrl-F5 always existed in prior versions - why did it disappear now in this version?

Edited by Zohar

Do you have the full version of Scite loaded

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

No, it's the Lite version that comes with the main download:

In the about screen it says:

"SciTE-Lite

Version 2.28"

If I use the Lite version then I can't verify my code? :(

why was it removed?

Edited by Zohar

• Moderators

Zohar,

The ability to use Ctrl+F5 to run AU3Check is an integral part of AutoIt3Wrapper which has only ever been part of the full SciTE4AutoIt3 package. Just download and install that package from here and you will regain that functionality. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Hi Melba23

which has only ever been part of the full SciTE4AutoIt3 package

I must tell you this is not correct..

It is correct that AutoIt3Wrapper was in SciteFull,

but Ctrl-F5 used to work in the regular installer of AutoIt - the one that includes Scite-Lite..

(I even have my previous installer: v3.3.6.1) and in it, you can see that Ctrl-F5 works..

• Moderators

Zohar,

You may well be correct, it is so long since I used SciTE-Lite that I really cannot remember. But just install the full version and then you get your key combination to work again - and lots of other goodies as well. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

just install the full version and then you get your key combination to work again - and lots of other goodies as well. :)

OK..

Just to verify..

If I installed the main Installer, called "AutoIt Full Installation",

then I need to install SciTE4AutoIt3.exe (4679Kb)?

That's OK?

• Moderators

Zohar,

:thumbsup:

M23

Spoiler

I just verfied this, 3.3.6.1 lite version does have the option to check with CTRL-F5, 3.3.8.1 does not except if you have a file that hasn't been saved. As soon as you save it, the CTRL-F5 option disappears from the Tools menu.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Moderators

BrewManNH,

Sounds like one for Jos - I will let him know about the thread. :)

M23

Spoiler

I just verfied this, 3.3.6.1 lite version does have the option to check with CTRL-F5

And not just 3.3.6.1, but all prior versions had it since I started using AutoIt several years ago..

Please note another problem with v3.3.8.1:

When you select a code, the BackColor for the Selection was changed in v3.3.8.1, and is not noticable at all!

Try selecting a Code with the mouse(or Shift+Arrows), and you'll see that you can barely notice what is in the selection and what is not..

why are all those bad changes? :(

Edited by Zohar

Another update:

After installing Scite Full,

it seems that Ctrl-F5 works there,

however Ctrl-Left and Ctrl-Right don't. (for jumping the cursor 1 word each time)

Also some of the utils included with Scite Full, crash or show an error:

Example:

Running Au3Record, gave this:

Posted Image

In any case, I must admit that I like the simpleness and lightness of Scite Lite..

I would really like to have the "AutoIt Full Installation" simply work, like it always did..

(and with a noticable background color, when selecting code)

If you guys can make it work like it used to, it can be great.

Fow now, I am uninstalling v3.3.8.1, and going back to v3.3.6.1.

You need the latest beta V3.3.9.0+ to fix that error with Au3Record, though in all honestly do you really need that application? Oh nd a quick search (as you know) would have pretty much answered that issue with Au3Record.

Fow now, I am uninstalling v3.3.8.1, and going back to v3.3.6.1.

A little drastic considering most of us here haven't had any issues in the last 12 months.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I just gave an example with Au3Record.

Frankly, I really don't need Au3Record or the other Util that crashed(forgot what it was).

For that reason, I would not like to install Scite-Full, and simply stay with Scite-Lite - that comes built-in with the AutoIt Installation.

A little drastic considering most of us here haven't had any issues in the last 12 months.

Well,

I need SyntaxCheck to work,

and I'd really like Text/Code Selecting to be with the usual Background color, and not the new Background Color that is not noticable..

Obviously someone played with the Settings, and not in a good way..

:(

The colors of the editor window can be easily changed, you just have to modify the sciteuser.properties file to have your's use the colors you want.

Use the color settings in the code below and change them to what you'd like:

font.base=font:Source Code Pro,size:10,$(font.override)

font.monospace=font:Source Code Pro,size:10

proper.case=1

check.updates.scite4autoit3=1

use.tabs=0

indent.size=4

indent.size.*.au3=4

tabsize=4

#Background

style.au3.32=style.*.32=$(font.base),back:#B7B7FF

#CaretLineBackground

caret.line.back=#FFFF00

#Selection Foreground/background and Alpha

selection.fore=#000000

selection.alpha=50

selection.back=#FFFF00

# Brace highlight

style.au3.34=fore:#A65300,back:#B7B7FF

# Brace incomplete highlight

style.au3.35=fore:#008040,back:#B7B7FF

#White space

style.au3.0=fore:#F8F8F8,back:#B7B7FF

#Comment line

style.au3.1=fore:#008040,back:#B7B7FF

#Comment block

style.au3.2=fore:#008040,italics,bold,back:#B7B7FF

#Number

style.au3.3=fore:#FFD7AE,back:#B7B7FF

#Function

style.au3.4=fore:#A83CCC,back:#B7B7FF

#Keyword

style.au3.5=fore:#A65300,back:#B7B7FF

#Macro

style.au3.6=fore:#FFFF00,back:#B7B7FF

#String

style.au3.7=fore:#400080,back:#B7B7FF

#Operator

style.au3.8=fore:#FFFF00,back:#B7B7FF

#Variable

style.au3.9=fore:#3E3EFF,back:#B7B7FF

#Sent keys

style.au3.10=fore:#585858,back:#B7B7FF

#Pre-Processor

style.au3.11=fore:#808000,back:#B7B7FF

#Special

style.au3.12=fore:#707070,bold,back:#B7B7FF

#Abbrev-Expand

style.au3.13=fore:#DADADA,bold,back:#B7B7FF

#Com Objects

style.au3.14=fore:#2080FF,italics,bold,back:#B7B7FF

#Standard UDF's

style.au3.15=fore:#0080FF,bold,back:#B7B7FF

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

The colors of the editor window can be easily changed, you just have to modify the sciteuser.properties file to have your's use the colors you want.

Thanks!

when I goto C:Program FilesAutoIt3SciTE,

I only have 3 items there:

Posted Image

No sciteuser.properties file there..

(Scite Lite)

So can I simply create it?

and then it will read it?

Open the Options menu, click on the "Open User Options File" entry and it will open it for you. It will create it if it doesn't already exist when you save it.