AoRaToS

hyperzap I haven't forgot about that, it will find its way in a later version, I'm still thinking of the best way to implement it without re-writing a whole bunch of code!

I'm also trying to optimize the code already there and make it easier to implement things in the future, when I'm happy with it I'll add more things...

Usually that's what happens, I add a couple of things, like I did a couple of versions ago, then while I'm there I start finding things I don't like or bugs and fix them...

now, about the public key cryptography, I'll have to look into that as I haven't really researched...

thanks for the recommendations!

Nice app you have there!

If you also need anything for your project, let me know :)

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

Current version 2.9.9.1 [04/07/2019]

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

AoRaToS,

I like this. I used a similar program in the past, but the GUI was all in Japanese, so only a small few of us could use it.

I would like to implement this at one of the offices I am working at, but there are a couple of small issues I would like to see resolved first.

• The GUI has a fixed location. It needs to be movable.
  • It would be great if I could set the ports to be used in the settings.
I will also be happy to help with the Japanese translation, if no native speakers step up.

AoRaToS,

I like this. I used a similar program in the past, but the GUI was all in Japanese, so only a small few of us could use it.

I would like to implement this at one of the offices I am working at, but there are a couple of small issues I would like to see resolved first.

• The GUI has a fixed location. It needs to be movable.
  • It would be great if I could set the ports to be used in the settings.
I will also be happy to help with the Japanese translation, if no native speakers step up.

About the first one,

the GUI doesn't have a fixed location, it's movable If you click 'n drag right and left of the Refresh button or on the picture when you're not connected, although I haven't set it to save the last location so it'll open at that same spot every time (I can change that)

<CLICK HERE> |Refresh| <CLICK HERE>

The other option about the ports, I was thinking of adding it in the options at some stage but I didn't to avoid confusing users that may not know how to use things like that, I may add it in the Advanced section though...

About the language, I don't know Japanese, if you're interested though I'm planning on implementing language changing soon so I'll post the language file that will need to be translated!

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

the GUI doesn't have a fixed location, it's movable If you click 'n drag right and left of the Refresh button or on the picture when you're not connected, although I haven't set it to save the last location so it'll open at that same spot every time (I can change that)

Ok. I can see that. Although for users, a drag handle on the top would be more consistent with other Windows apps. (Not to be picky or anything... :) )

The other option about the ports, I was thinking of adding it in the options at some stage but I didn't to avoid confusing users that may not know how to use things like that, I may add it in the Advanced section though...

Even if not in the settings GUI, if you put it in the INI/Registry where you are storing the settings, they can be changed by more advanced users.

About the language, I don't know Japanese, if you're interested though I'm planning on implementing language changing soon so I'll post the language file that will need to be translated!

Let me know when you have the language file ready, and I will be happy to help.

a drag handle on the top would be more consistent with other Windows apps.

That's true, however I didn't like the titlebar... The GUI will change at some stage, I'll add a customizable skin which should look better also!

put it in the INI/Registry where you are storing the settings, they can be changed by more advanced users.

Good idea!

I'll let you know when I have it ready!

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

One thing I do like is the "Button Password GUI's" such a great little idea :) I especially like the "Dimming Effect!"

AoRaToS >> Do you have the Function for Multi-Language already? As I would be happy to share an Example I have :)

Edit: With settings I normally prefer the good 'ol INI File!

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections() • _AlwaysRun() • _AppMon() • _AppMonEx() • _ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce • _BinaryBin() • _CheckMsgBox() • _CmdLineRaw() • _ContextMenu() • _ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor() • _DesktopDimensions() • _DisplayPassword() • _DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload() • _Fibonacci() • _FileCompare() • _FileCompareContents() • _FileNameByHandle() • _FilePrefix/SRE() • _FindInFile() • _GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor() • _GetConrolID() • _GetCtrlClass() • _GetDirectoryFormat() • _GetDriveMediaType() • _GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt() • _GetHardwareID() • _GetIP() • _GetIP_Country() • _GetOSLanguage() • _GetSavedSource() • _GetStringSize() • _GetSystemPaths() • _GetURLImage() • _GIFImage() • _GoogleWeather() • _GUICtrlCreateGroup() • _GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveXML() • _GUICtrlMenu_Recent() • _GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage() • _GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray() • _GUIDisable() • _GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle() • _GUIRegisterMsg() • _GUISetIcon() • _Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set() • _IdleTime() • _InetGet() • _InetGetGUI() • _InetGetProgress() • _IPDetails() • _IsFileOlder() • _IsGUID() • _IsHex() • _IsPalindrome() • _IsRegKey() • _IsStringRegExp() • _IsSystemDrive() • _IsUPX() • _IsValidType() • _IsWebColor() • _Language() • _Log() • _MicrosoftInternetConnectivity() • _MSDNDataType() • _PathFull/GetRelative/Split() • _PathSplitEx() • _PrintFromArray() • _ProgressSetMarquee() • _ReDim() • _RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock() • _ScrollingCredits • _SelfDelete() • _SelfRename() • _SelfUpdate() • _SendTo() • _ShellAll() • _ShellFile() • _ShellFolder() • _SingletonHWID() • _SingletonPID() • _Startup() • _StringCompact() • _StringIsValid() • _StringRegExpMetaCharacters() • _StringReplaceWholeWord() • _StringStripChars() • _Temperature() • _TrialPeriod() • _UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate() • _WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE() • _WinAPI_CreateGUID() • _WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString() • Au3 script parsing • AutoIt Search • AutoIt3 Portable • AutoIt3WrapperToPragma • AutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle() • Coding • DirToHTML5 • FileInstallr • FileReadLastChars() • GeoIP database • GUI - Only Close Button • GUI Examples • GUICtrlDeleteImage() • GUICtrlGetBkColor() • GUICtrlGetStyle() • GUIEvents • GUIGetBkColor() • Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse() • IsISBN() • LockFile() • Mapping CtrlIDs • OOP in AutoIt • ParseHeadersToSciTE() • PasswordValid • PasteBin • Posts Per Day • PreExpand • Protect Globals • Queue() • Resource Update • ResourcesEx • SciTE Jump • Settings INI • SHELLHOOK • Shunting-Yard • Signature Creator • Stack() • Stopwatch() • StringAddLF()/StringStripLF() • StringEOLToCRLF() • VSCROLL • WM_COPYDATA • More Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Hello guinness,

I don't have the function made yet, you're free to share yours and I may implement it...

I was thinking of making a language file for each language, using .ini formatting

then anywhere there's text it should point to the specific parameter= in the selected language file

I'm not yet sure, I'll see...

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

Something like this? I was going to send you a PM to respect your no Source Code policy :) But unfortunately this wasn't possible.

Language File: Saved as English.ini or English.txt or English.lng (it depends entirely on you)

[English]
TEST_1=Test 1
TEST_2=Test 2
TEST_3=%APPDATA%\Working Directory
Example use of Function:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>

MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, '_Language()', _Language('TEST_1', 'Test 1'))
MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, '_Language()', _Language('TEST_2', 'Test 2'))
MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, '_Language()', _Language('TEST_3', '', False)) ; Don't Expand EnvStrings.
MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, '_Language()', _Language('TEST_3', '')) ; Expand EnvStrings.
MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, '_Language()', _Language('TEST_4', 'If Key Doesn''t Exist This Is Shown As @LF @LF Default.')) ; Default Language String.

Func _Language($sData, $sDefault, $fIsExpand = True)
    Local $sLanguage = IniRead(@ScriptDir & '\Settings.ini', 'General', 'Language', 'English')
    $sData = IniRead(@ScriptDir & '\' & $sLanguage & '.ini', $sLanguage, $sData, $sDefault)
    If $fIsExpand Then
        $sData = _WinAPI_ExpandEnvironmentStrings($sData)
    EndIf
    $sData = StringRegExpReplace($sData, '\h*@CR\h*', @CR)
    $sData = StringRegExpReplace($sData, '\h*@LF\h*', @LF)
    $sData = StringRegExpReplace($sData, '\h*@CRLF\h*', @CRLF)
    $sData = StringRegExpReplace($sData, '\h*@TAB\h*', @TAB)
    Return $sData
EndFunc   ;==>_Language
Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections() • _AlwaysRun() • _AppMon() • _AppMonEx() • _ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce • _BinaryBin() • _CheckMsgBox() • _CmdLineRaw() • _ContextMenu() • _ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor() • _DesktopDimensions() • _DisplayPassword() • _DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload() • _Fibonacci() • _FileCompare() • _FileCompareContents() • _FileNameByHandle() • _FilePrefix/SRE() • _FindInFile() • _GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor() • _GetConrolID() • _GetCtrlClass() • _GetDirectoryFormat() • _GetDriveMediaType() • _GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt() • _GetHardwareID() • _GetIP() • _GetIP_Country() • _GetOSLanguage() • _GetSavedSource() • _GetStringSize() • _GetSystemPaths() • _GetURLImage() • _GIFImage() • _GoogleWeather() • _GUICtrlCreateGroup() • _GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveXML() • _GUICtrlMenu_Recent() • _GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage() • _GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray() • _GUIDisable() • _GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle() • _GUIRegisterMsg() • _GUISetIcon() • _Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set() • _IdleTime() • _InetGet() • _InetGetGUI() • _InetGetProgress() • _IPDetails() • _IsFileOlder() • _IsGUID() • _IsHex() • _IsPalindrome() • _IsRegKey() • _IsStringRegExp() • _IsSystemDrive() • _IsUPX() • _IsValidType() • _IsWebColor() • _Language() • _Log() • _MicrosoftInternetConnectivity() • _MSDNDataType() • _PathFull/GetRelative/Split() • _PathSplitEx() • _PrintFromArray() • _ProgressSetMarquee() • _ReDim() • _RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock() • _ScrollingCredits • _SelfDelete() • _SelfRename() • _SelfUpdate() • _SendTo() • _ShellAll() • _ShellFile() • _ShellFolder() • _SingletonHWID() • _SingletonPID() • _Startup() • _StringCompact() • _StringIsValid() • _StringRegExpMetaCharacters() • _StringReplaceWholeWord() • _StringStripChars() • _Temperature() • _TrialPeriod() • _UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate() • _WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE() • _WinAPI_CreateGUID() • _WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString() • Au3 script parsing • AutoIt Search • AutoIt3 Portable • AutoIt3WrapperToPragma • AutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle() • Coding • DirToHTML5 • FileInstallr • FileReadLastChars() • GeoIP database • GUI - Only Close Button • GUI Examples • GUICtrlDeleteImage() • GUICtrlGetBkColor() • GUICtrlGetStyle() • GUIEvents • GUIGetBkColor() • Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse() • IsISBN() • LockFile() • Mapping CtrlIDs • OOP in AutoIt • ParseHeadersToSciTE() • PasswordValid • PasteBin • Posts Per Day • PreExpand • Protect Globals • Queue() • Resource Update • ResourcesEx • SciTE Jump • Settings INI • SHELLHOOK • Shunting-Yard • Signature Creator • Stack() • Stopwatch() • StringAddLF()/StringStripLF() • StringEOLToCRLF() • VSCROLL • WM_COPYDATA • More Examples...

don't worry about that, you can post code here

Yes something like that was what I was thinking of, of course it has quite a few message boxes, labels and text in general but it shouldn't be hard, just time consuming :)

Thank you for that, I'll play around with it :)

But I'll get on with it soon!

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

I'll play around with it

Cool! I would like to see the changes you make to see if I could utilise this in the future :P But no problem if not...I totally respect why >> :)

Also last night I was playing around (thinking logically) trying to figure out the "Ghost Effect" as I would call it. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

Hi,

I just tried your new version and I have a question for you.

When I hide the window by right-clicking the systray icon and selecting "Hide", how do I bring it back up to send a message? I've been going into task manager, closing the process and then re-run it.

Thanks,

:)

Hi,

I just tried your new version and I have a question for you.

When I hide the window by right-clicking the systray icon and selecting "Hide", how do I bring it back up to send a message? I've been going into task manager, closing the process and then re-run it.

Thanks,

:)

There's a HotKey for that: by default it is Ctrl+Alt+Space unless you changed it from the Settings...

It's all explained in the first post of this topic!

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

• 1 year later...

Still needs work... Just sample pics, I'm moving the "check for updates" to the About window and changing the Settings window to be larger, I will also be making other changes to the Settings window so the interface is cleaner and not so full

Edit - removed pics

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

• 9 months later...

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger version 2.9.7.4

1. Server now using UDP port 60000 (breaks compatibility with older versions).

2. Server syntax changes (breaks compatibility with older versions).

3. Various bug fixes when connections change while connected or disconnected (msgboxes).

4. Specific settings not being greyed out as supposed to in Preferences GUI (previously Settings).

5. About GUI - re-designed and Updater implemented. License Agreement added.

6. Preferences GUI - completely re-designed to accommodate extra settings, become less crowded and look better. Some settings have been removed for now and will be re-implemented in the future if needed. Also added the ability to mute/unmute sounds.

7. Various UI tweaks - OS aware Notifications, moved some settings to the main window, under a new menu called View. Added some new features like the option for the main window and/or conversation windows to appear in the taskbar.

8. Status - Your status is visible to others. The tray icon also corresponds to your status and it shows to others next to your name in the Treeview. You can change your status by clicking the icon next to your Username before connecting (cycle through) or by choosing the one you want by right-clicking the tray icon.

9. Updater version 1.3.1.3, now gets information about the latest s!mpL3 LAN Messenger and displays it after updating.

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3