OOP-like approach in AutoIt

guinness

I did the same on my JSONgen lol :lmao:

Although using AutoItObject classes is a nice deal, creating classes is not so intuitive (I ever did it). Of course I don't blame AutoItObjects for it, even because they were limited to what AutoIt supports. I wouldn't blame AutoIt language developers too, since it was originally made just as a replacement for Microsoft ScriptIt, nothing more than a tool to automate tasks, and not creating fully-functional softwares. But AutoIt is, today, much more than what it was once. Although there are many things I dislike (like the arrays approach), I've adopted AutoIt as my main work language due to its productivity (let's just say that what I can do with 1 month in Java or C, I can do in 1 week or less in AutoIt...). I hope the AU3 coders can see soon more improvements in the languages. For starting, a native OOP support would be nice :)

My stuff

Spoiler

My UDFs  _AuThread multithreading emulation for AutoIt · _ExtInputBox an inputbox with multiple inputs and more features · forceUTF8 fix strings encoding without knowing its original charset · JSONgen JSON generator · _TCPServer UDF multi-client and multi-task (run on background) event-based TCP server easy to do · _TCPClient_UDF multi-server and multi-task (runs on background) event-based TCP client easy to do · ParseURL and ParseStr functions ported from PHP · _CmdLine UDF easily parse command line parameters, keys or flags · AutoPHP Create documents (bills, incomes) from HTML by sending variables/arrays from AutoIt to PHP · (Un)Serialize Convert arrays and data into a storable string (PHP compatible) · RTTL Plays and exports to MP3 Nokia-format monophonic ringtones (for very old cellphones) · I18n library Simple and easy to use localization library · Scripting.Dictionary OOP and OOP-like approach · Buffer/stack limit arrays to N items by removing the last one once the limit is reached · NGBioAPI UDF to work with Nitgen fingerprint readers · Serial/Licensing system require license key based on unique machine ID from your users · HTTP a simple WinHTTP library that allows GET, POST and file uploads · Thread true AutoIt threads (under-dev) · RC4 RC4 encryption compatible with PHP and JS ·  storage.au3 localStorage and sessionStorage for AutoIt Classes _WKHtmlToX uses wkhtmlto* to convert HTML files and webpages into PDF or images (jpg, bmp, gif, png...) Snippets _Word_DocFindReplaceByLongText replace strings using Word UDF with strings longer than 255 characters (MSWord limit) rangeparser parser for printing-like pages interval (e.g.: "1,2,3-5") EnvParser parse strings/paths with environment variables and get full path GUICtrlStaticMarquee static text scrolling Random stuff Super Mario beep sound your ears will hurt

I have been coding like this for a couple of years. So when I saw your Json script, I was pleasantly surprised.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

What should we call this as? "Array-oriented programming"? lol

Despite the jokes, I really think it could be considered some kind of "standard". At least until we have native AutoIt OOP support...

My stuff

Spoiler

My UDFs  _AuThread multithreading emulation for AutoIt · _ExtInputBox an inputbox with multiple inputs and more features · forceUTF8 fix strings encoding without knowing its original charset · JSONgen JSON generator · _TCPServer UDF multi-client and multi-task (run on background) event-based TCP server easy to do · _TCPClient_UDF multi-server and multi-task (runs on background) event-based TCP client easy to do · ParseURL and ParseStr functions ported from PHP · _CmdLine UDF easily parse command line parameters, keys or flags · AutoPHP Create documents (bills, incomes) from HTML by sending variables/arrays from AutoIt to PHP · (Un)Serialize Convert arrays and data into a storable string (PHP compatible) · RTTL Plays and exports to MP3 Nokia-format monophonic ringtones (for very old cellphones) · I18n library Simple and easy to use localization library · Scripting.Dictionary OOP and OOP-like approach · Buffer/stack limit arrays to N items by removing the last one once the limit is reached · NGBioAPI UDF to work with Nitgen fingerprint readers · Serial/Licensing system require license key based on unique machine ID from your users · HTTP a simple WinHTTP library that allows GET, POST and file uploads · Thread true AutoIt threads (under-dev) · RC4 RC4 encryption compatible with PHP and JS ·  storage.au3 localStorage and sessionStorage for AutoIt Classes _WKHtmlToX uses wkhtmlto* to convert HTML files and webpages into PDF or images (jpg, bmp, gif, png...) Snippets _Word_DocFindReplaceByLongText replace strings using Word UDF with strings longer than 255 characters (MSWord limit) rangeparser parser for printing-like pages interval (e.g.: "1,2,3-5") EnvParser parse strings/paths with environment variables and get full path GUICtrlStaticMarquee static text scrolling Random stuff Super Mario beep sound your ears will hurt

AutoIt is based on BASIC, so it's out of scope for Jon to make it OOP.

How about AAOP - AutoIt Array Oriented Programming? By the way did you come up with the idea on your own or see a post by me or Valik?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

One of FreeBasic's paradigms is object orientation.

I am talking about the procedural era

UDF List:

I've tried, but can't see how it could be considered OOP-Like in any shape or form.

Straight forward procedural scripting with a lot of ByRef would be more accurate for me.

Edited by JohnOne
Typo, see post below

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Can or can't?

It's about the approach of encapsulating data with methods, not the execution. 

UDF List:

AutoIt is based on BASIC, so it's out of scope for Jon to make it OOP.

Well, that's not so good to know it :(

How about AAOP - AutoIt Array Oriented Programming? By the way did you come up with the idea on your own or see a post by me or Valik?
Truly, I would write that using AutoItObject, but I thought that putting an additional DLL just for generating JSONs would sound strange. So I started coding it so on my own...

My stuff

Spoiler

Truly, I would write that using AutoItObject, but I thought that putting an additional DLL just for generating JSONs would sound strange. So I started coding it so on my own...

Cool

UDF List:

For several years I develop my skills intensively.
Since I took a lot of programming style of @guinness (by the way of working together on a project),.

You can find this ie. in my PDFCreator.au3

#Region PDFCreator.au3 - Functions CONFIG

Func _PDFCreator_Config_GetCurrent()
    __PDFCreator_ObjCreate()
    If @error Then
        Return SetError(@error)
    Else
        Local $aCONFIG[$g__ePDFCreator_CONFIG_COUNTER]
        With $g__oPDFCreator
            $aCONFIG[$g__ePDFCreator_CONFIG_Visible] = .cVisible
            $aCONFIG[$g__ePDFCreator_CONFIG_DefaultPrinter] = .cDefaultprinter
            $aCONFIG[$g__ePDFCreator_CONFIG_PrinterStop] = .cPrinterStop
            $aCONFIG[$g__ePDFCreator_CONFIG_UseAutoSave] = .cOption("UseAutosave")
            $aCONFIG[$g__ePDFCreator_CONFIG_UseAutoSaveDirectory] = .cOption("UseAutosaveDirectory")
            $aCONFIG[$g__ePDFCreator_CONFIG_AutoSaveDirectory] = .cOption("AutosaveDirectory")
            $aCONFIG[$g__ePDFCreator_CONFIG_AutoSaveFilename] = .cOption("AutosaveFilename")
            $aCONFIG[$g__ePDFCreator_CONFIG_AutoSaveFormat] = .cOption("AutosaveFormat")
            ; $aCONFIG[$g__ePDFCreator_CONFIG_] =
        EndWith

Return $aCONFIG
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_PDFCreator_Config_GetCurrent

Func _PDFCreator_Config_Set($aCONFIG)
    __PDFCreator_ObjCreate()
    If @error Then
        Return SetError(@error)
    Else
        If Not IsObj($g__oPDFCreator) Then MsgBox(0, 'Error', 'Not IsObj($g__oPDFCreator)')
        With $g__oPDFCreator
            .cVisible = $aCONFIG[$g__ePDFCreator_CONFIG_Visible]
            .cDefaultprinter = $aCONFIG[$g__ePDFCreator_CONFIG_DefaultPrinter]
            .cPrinterStop = $aCONFIG[$g__ePDFCreator_CONFIG_PrinterStop]
            .cOption("UseAutosave") = $aCONFIG[$g__ePDFCreator_CONFIG_UseAutoSave]
            .cOption("UseAutosaveDirectory") = $aCONFIG[$g__ePDFCreator_CONFIG_UseAutoSaveDirectory]
            .cOption("AutosaveDirectory") = $aCONFIG[$g__ePDFCreator_CONFIG_AutoSaveDirectory]
            .cOption("AutosaveFilename") = $aCONFIG[$g__ePDFCreator_CONFIG_AutoSaveFilename]
            .cOption("AutosaveFormat") = $aCONFIG[$g__ePDFCreator_CONFIG_AutoSaveFormat]
            ;  = $aCONFIG[$g__ePDFCreator_CONFIG_] =
        EndWith

EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_PDFCreator_Config_Set
#EndRegion PDFCreator.au3 - Functions CONFIG

And in most of my new or refreshed projects.

I also received a lot of concepts based on the mode of action different libraries (Debenu, Chillkat), ie. The way the declaration of variables, parameter, or a return results ie in SmtpMailer.au3

#Region UDF Functions - COM Error Handler
Func _INetSmtpMailCom_ErrObjInit($bParam = Default)
    Local Static $oINetSmtpMailCom_Error = Default
    If $bParam == 'CleanUp' And $oINetSmtpMailCom_Error <> Default Then
        $oINetSmtpMailCom_Error = ''
        Return $oINetSmtpMailCom_Error
    EndIf
    If $oINetSmtpMailCom_Error = Default Then
        $oINetSmtpMailCom_Error = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "_INetSmtpMailCom_ErrFunc")
    EndIf
    Return $oINetSmtpMailCom_Error
EndFunc   ;==>_INetSmtpMailCom_ErrObjInit

Func _INetSmtpMailCom_ErrObjCleanUp()
    _INetSmtpMailCom_ErrObjInit('CleanUp')
EndFunc   ;==>_INetSmtpMailCom_ErrObjCleanUp

Func _INetSmtpMailCom_ErrHexNumber($vData = Default)
    Local Static $vReturn = 0
    If $vData <> Default Then $vReturn = $vData
    Return $vReturn
EndFunc   ;==>_INetSmtpMailCom_ErrHexNumber

Func _INetSmtpMailCom_ErrDescription($sData = Default)
    Local Static $sReturn = ''
    If $sData <> Default Then $sReturn = $sData
    Return $sReturn
EndFunc   ;==>_INetSmtpMailCom_ErrDescription

Func _INetSmtpMailCom_ErrFunc()
    _INetSmtpMailCom_ErrObjInit()
    _INetSmtpMailCom_ErrHexNumber(Hex(_INetSmtpMailCom_ErrObjInit().number, 8))
    _INetSmtpMailCom_ErrDescription(StringStripWS(_INetSmtpMailCom_ErrObjInit().description, 3))
    ConsoleWrite("### COM Error !  Number: " & _INetSmtpMailCom_ErrHexNumber() & "   ScriptLine: " & _INetSmtpMailCom_ErrObjInit().scriptline & "   Description:" & _INetSmtpMailCom_ErrDescription() & @LF)
    SetError(1); something to check for when this function returns
    Return
EndFunc   ;==>_INetSmtpMailCom_ErrFunc

#EndRegion UDF Functions - COM Error Handler

How well I remember and as far as I understand, it's all about being here right now talking, we derive in part from the concept that @Valik, liked to call "API"

EDIT: Am I right on this?

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

Since I took a lot of programming style of @guinness

Just sharing the knowledge

How well I remember and as far as I understand, it's all about being here right now talking, we derive in part from the concept that @Valik, liked to call "API"

EDIT: Am I right on this?

Yes, but his version is slightly different in that it only works with a single "data store", whereas this can be created with many by calling the "constructor"

UDF List:

Here is my take on simple OOps in Autoit.

Func ObjErrFunc()
    Msgbox(0,"*COM ERROR*",$ObjErr.description&@LF&$ObjErr.windescription&"Line "&$ObjErr.scriptline)
Endfunc

Func Person($sName, $iAge)
    $sd.Add($sd.Count,$sName)     ;Property
    $sd.Add($sd.Count,$iAge)      ;Property
    Return $sd.Items              ;Array Properties
EndFunc

Func Person_SetName(ByRef $hPerson, $sName)
    $hPerson[uBound($hPerson) - 2] = $sName

EndFunc

Func Person_GetName(ByRef $hPerson)
    Return $hPerson[uBound($hPerson) - 2]
EndFunc

Func Person_SetAge(ByRef $hPerson, $iAge)
    $hPerson[uBound($hPerson) - 1] = $iAge

EndFunc

Func Person_ToString(ByRef $hPerson)
    Return StringFormat('Name: %s, Age: %i', $hPerson[uBound($hPerson) - 2], $hPerson[uBound($hPerson) - 1])
Endfunc

global $ObjErr = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error","ObjErrFunc")
    global $sd     = ObjCreate("Scripting.Dictionary")

local $hP1 = Person('John', 30)
    MsgBox(64, 'Person 1', Person_ToString($hP1))

Local $hP2 = Person('James', 36)
    MsgBox(64, 'Person 2', Person_ToString($hP2))

Person_SetAge($hP2, 45)
    MsgBox(64,'Person 2 - Revised',Person_ToString($hP2))

Person_SetName($hP1, 'Michael')
    MsgBox(64,'Person 1 - Revised',Person_ToString($hP1))

MsgBox(64,'Get Name Person 1',Person_GetName($hP1))

Local $hP3 = Person('Amanda', 35)
    MsgBox(64, 'Person 3', Person_ToString($hP3))

This way I can add any number of Name's and Age's.

This way I can add any number of Name's and Age's 

I think you misunderstood the purpose. Why would a Person for example have multiple ages? They wouldn't. How does your example translate from something like this?

// Java - Person example
class Person {
    // The underscore is to denote they're member variables, as I hate writing this all the time
    private int _age;
    private String _name;

public Person(String name, int age) {
        _age = age;
        _name = name;
    }

public int getAge() {
        return _age;
    }

public String getName() {
        return _name;
    }

public void setAge(int age) {
        _age = age;
    }

public void setName(String name) {
        _name = name;
    }

@Override
    public String toString() {
        return String.format("Name: %s, Age: %d", _name, _age);
    }
}

UDF List:

Or in C#

// C# - Person example
class Person 
{
    // Properties. How lovely these are! =)
    public int Age = { get; set; }
    public string Name = { get; set; }

public Person(string name, int age)
    {
        Age = age;
        Name = name;
    }

public override string ToString()
    {
        return String.Format("Name: %s, Age: %d", Name, Age);
    }
}

UDF List:

Just sharing the knowledge

Thanks for the correction (as usual language barrier took its toll)

Yes, but his version is slightly different in that it only works with a single "data store", whereas this can be created with many by calling the "constructor"

You mean that @Valik example can open only single SciTE and work only with this single instance ?

btw.

I like the concenct concept of using $PERSON_GUID in your example 

Edited by mLipok
wording

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

Lets assume that his example can only spawn one SciTE. In that case if I wanted a second process of SciTE it wouldn't be possible. My approach you can have that.

I use the GUID as a means to ensure that if a user passes an array with the exact dimensions, that it shouldn't fail as I have a check of whether one element contains the GUID. It's not full-proof, but better than nothing.

UDF List:

If you are talking about the autoitobject.dll file, then that's for debugs or something, you don't need that file. Just skip it.

Edited by AdmiralAlkex

• 1 year later...

Even after nearly 2 years, I still like this approach to writing AutoIt code

UDF List: