mLipok

How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE

8 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I was allways wondering How to get reference to AcrobatReader  object and after all to the PDF file embeded in IE.

Today I was here:

http://www.vitoplantamura.com/index.aspx?page=axvncviewer

there is such a interesting html:

<html>
<body>

<script language="JavaScript">

function rsChange ()
{
    var ax = document.all.TestObj;
    if ( ax.readyState == 4 )
    {
        if ( ax.IsInitialized == false )
        {
            window.setTimeout( "rsChange();", 100 );
        }
        else
        {
            ax.Server = "192.168.1.3";
            ax.Connect ();
        }
    }
}

</script>

<OBJECT language='javascript' ID='TestObj' CLASSID='CLSID:36D64AE5-6626-4DDE-A958-2FF1D46D4424' WIDTH='640px' HEIGHT='480px' onreadystatechange='rsChange();'></OBJECT>

<br><br><br>

Don't forget to do a "REGSVR32 UltraVncAx.dll", before viewing this page.<br>
The timer trick in the rsChange() function is required to get the windowful ActiveX initialized properly, before letting the ActiveX create the VNC client child window.

</body>
</html>

When I analyze this then I start to wonder about this line:

var ax = document.all.TestObj;

EDIT: above fraction was only an introduction, describing where it came my question.

And now then the question arise :

How I can use document.all to get the refrence to specified AxObject in this Case I mean to AcrobatReader opened in IE ?

EDIT: of course I mean a case when I have opened document in IE.

Edited by mLipok
added TAG

Wondering who uses AutoIT and what it can be used for ?

ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Last update: 2017-05-23
Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAPPOP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 - BETA * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * WinSCP UDF * GitHub API UDF - modest begining *

My contribution to others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Best coding practices * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * 

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

#include <IE.au3>

Local $oIE_PDF = _IECreate("http://lipok.pl/test2.pdf", 0 , 1 , 0 )
MsgBox(0, '1', 'wait')
$oIE_PDF.document.GotoFirstPage
MsgBox(0, '2', '$oIE_PDF.document.GotoFirstPage')
$oIE_PDF.document.SetZoom(200)
MsgBox(0, '3', '$oIE_PDF.document.SetZoom(200)')
$oIE_PDF.document.SetZoom(20)
MsgBox(0, '4', '$oIE_PDF.document.SetZoom(20)')
$oIE_PDF.document.LoadFile("http://lipok.pl/test.pdf")
MsgBox(0, '5', '$oIE_PDF.document.LoadFile("http://lipok.pl/test2.pdf")')
$oIE_PDF.document.LoadFile(@ScriptDir & "\test3.pdf")
MsgBox(0, '6', '$oIE_PDF.document.LoadFile(@ScriptDir & "\test3.pdf")')

_IEQuit($oIE_PDF)

What you think about ?

ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAPPOP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 - BETA * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * WinSCP UDF * GitHub API UDF - modest begining *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Best coding practices * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * 

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

Here is some other example (Remark/Beware: Printer is used).

#include <IE.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

Local $oIE_PDF = _IECreate("http://lipok.pl/test.pdf", 0 , 1 , 0 )

Local $oPDF = $oIE_PDF.document
If @error Then Sleep(100)
ObjName_FlagsValue($oPDF)
MsgBox(0, '0', '$oPDF.src = ' & $oPDF.src)

$oPDF.GotoFirstPage
MsgBox(0, '1', '$oPDF.GotoFirstPage')
$oPDF.SetZoom(200)
MsgBox(0, '2', '$oPDF.SetZoom(200)')
$oPDF.printAll()
MsgBox(0, '2a', '$oPDF.printAll()')
$oPDF.SetZoom(20)
MsgBox(0, '3', '$oPDF.SetZoom(20)')
$oPDF.LoadFile("http://lipok.pl/test2.pdf")
MsgBox(0, '4', '$oPDF.LoadFile("http://lipok.pl/test2.pdf")'& @CRLF & '$oPDF.src = ' & $oPDF.src)
$oPDF.LoadFile(@ScriptDir & "\test3.pdf")
MsgBox(0, '5', '$oPDF.LoadFile(@ScriptDir & "\test3.pdf")' & @CRLF & '$oPDF.src = ' & $oPDF.src )

_IEQuit($oIE_PDF)

Func ObjName_FlagsValue(ByRef $oObj)
    Local $sInfo = ''

$sInfo &= '+>' & @TAB & 'ObjName($oObj,1) {The name of the Object} =' & @CRLF & @TAB & ObjName($oObj, $OBJ_NAME) & @CRLF

; HELPFILE REMARKS: Not all Objects support flags 2 to 7. Always test for @error in these cases.
    $sInfo &= '+>' & @TAB & 'ObjName($oObj,2) {Description string of the Object} =' & @CRLF & @TAB & ObjName($oObj, $OBJ_STRING)
    If @error Then $sInfo &= '@error = ' & @error
    $sInfo &= @CRLF & @CRLF

$sInfo &= '+>' & @TAB & 'ObjName($oObj,3) {The ProgID of the Object} =' & @CRLF & @TAB & ObjName($oObj, $OBJ_PROGID)
    $sInfo &= @CRLF & @CRLF

$sInfo &= '+>' & @TAB & 'ObjName($oObj,4) {The file that is associated with the object in the Registry} =' & @CRLF & @TAB & ObjName($oObj, $OBJ_FILE)
    $sInfo &= @CRLF & @CRLF

$sInfo &= '+>' & @TAB & 'ObjName($oObj,5) {Module name in which the object runs (WIN XP And above). Marshaller for non-inproc objects.} =' & @CRLF & @TAB & ObjName($oObj, $OBJ_MODULE)
    $sInfo &= @CRLF & @CRLF

$sInfo &= '+>' & @TAB & 'ObjName($oObj,6) {CLSID of the object''s coclass} =' & @CRLF & @TAB & ObjName($oObj, $OBJ_CLSID)
    $sInfo &= @CRLF & @CRLF

$sInfo &= '+>' & @TAB & 'ObjName($oObj,7) {IID of the object''s interface} =' & @CRLF & @TAB & ObjName($oObj, $OBJ_IID)
    $sInfo &= @CRLF & @CRLF

MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "ObjName:", $sInfo)
EndFunc   ;==>ObjName_FlagsValue

Edited by mLipok

Spoiler

Thanks to Mod for moving this topic to Examples forum (I posted it in "Developer General Discussion").

Spoiler

mLipok - thanks for looking in to this.

Is there a way to use AutoIt Controls to fill in fields in the pdf which is in IE?

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

I guess you are asking in relation to this:

I will back to this above topic soon.

Edited by mLipok
typo

Spoiler

Here are some further interesting information:

http://www.programering.com/a/MzM3UDNwATc.html

Spoiler