SciTE - Lexer for console pane

mLipok

I work on some project for my client programs and I was in hope to use default SciLexer.dll as a my output window using this UDF:

I was searching for a list of lexer in SciTE.

This is what I found: https://foicica.com/scintillua/LexerList.html

Now I'm wondering:
Which lexer I should use to have the same highlighting style like in SciTE Console Panel ?

I mean I want to use above UDF to display text with this lexer setting: style.errorlist.X

Regards,
mLipok

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

• Developers

The SciTE-Lite only uses the lmAU3(LexAU3.cxx)  and lmErrorList (LexErrorList.cxx)  lexers. The last one does the lexing of the SciTE outputpane.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I'm not so familiar with C++ project and with scintilla .

I ask by example:
I was trying to use KIP _SciLexer.au3  and _Sci_SetLexer()

Func Sci_SetLexer($Sci, $iLexer)
    Return SendMessage($Sci, $SCI_SETLEXER, $iLexer, 0)
EndFunc   ;==>Sci_SetLexer

But I think this is not good way or I miss something.

so... whether Output Pane is a Lexer which could be set by using SCI_SETLEXER ? If yes , then: Which lexer should I choose for this scenario ?

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

• Developers

I loaded one of the found examples with this UDF and added this to use the Error lexer:

SendMessage($Sci, $SCI_SETLEXER, $SCLEX_ERRORLIST, 0)

I believe that is working but have not looked any further, so please share some sort of runnable script  that you want to work on that I can play with and modify as required. :)

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

1 hour ago, mLipok said:

ah so this above link shows me a wrong path.

Proper const are in : SciLexer.h

For my little project I was suppose to use this lexer

#define SCLEX_HTML 4
#define SCLEX_XML 5
#define SCLEX_SQL 7
#define SCLEX_ERRORLIST 10
#define SCLEX_AU3 60
#define SCLEX_JSON 120

but I'm wondering where are INI ?

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

You know ... INI Files.

I know I was very short in my statement:

20 minutes ago, mLipok said:

but I'm wondering where are INI ?

So I try to be more specyfic, here I have very well know INI file called:    Tidy.ini

[ProgramSettings]
 * * *  Update Functions/Keywords/Macros/UDFs to Proper case
proper=1

* * * Update Constants defined in the "constant Include files"
properconstants=1

I was asking about:    Which Lexer is valid to show content of INI files ?

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers
1 hour ago, mLipok said:

Which Lexer is valid to show content of INI files

Ha... that is a clear question: I think it is SCLEX_PROPERTIES.

file.patterns.props=*.properties;*.session;*.ini;*.inf;*.url;*.cfg;*.cnf;*.aut

lexer.$(file.patterns.props)=props

So it's the LexProps.cxx.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

1 hour ago, Jos said:

I loaded one of the found examples with this UDF and added this to use the Error lexer:

I believe that is working but have not looked any further, so please share some sort of runnable script  that you want to work on that I can play with and modify as required

Thanks.
Long time ago I ask @Kip if he have any update for:

I also asked him if I can take this project from him and maintain them.

I'm working on Rewrite Refactoring etc ...
I was go throught the forum and find many related UDF's example ....
I think It will take me maximum few days to publish new version.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Jos said:

Ha... that is a clear question: I think it is SCLEX_PROPERTIES..... So it's the LexProps.cxx.

Thanks.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Here is a good example:

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

I have build a script based on a download from Prog@ndy, modified for lexing the SciTEOutput like happens in SciTE.
Just add SciLexer.dll to the directory and run _Scilexer_Output.au3 to so an example output.

_SciLexer-SciTEOutput.zip

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Nice - works well, will look closer.

In a mean time I create this:

Func _Example_ERRORLIST($__g_pSciTE)
    #Tidy_ILC_Pos=100
    Sci_SetLexer($__g_pSciTE, $SCLEX_ERRORLIST)                                                    ; ErrorList
    Sci_StyleSet($__g_pSciTE, 4, _RGB2BGR(0x50A0FF), _RGB2BGR(0x272822), 1)                        ; Microsoft Error >>> AU3 CONSOLE PURPLE"
    Sci_StyleSet($__g_pSciTE, 10, _RGB2BGR(0xFF3020), _RGB2BGR(0x272822), 1, -1, 1)                ; diff changed !  >>> AU3 CONSOLE RED
    Sci_StyleSet($__g_pSciTE, 11, _RGB2BGR(0x00AF00), _RGB2BGR(0x272822), 1)                       ; diff addition + >>> AU3 CONSOLE GREEN
    Sci_StyleSet($__g_pSciTE, 12, _RGB2BGR(0xFF8F50), _RGB2BGR(0x272822), 1)                       ; diff deletion -  >>> AU3 CONSOLE ORANGE
    Sci_StyleSet($__g_pSciTE, 12, _RGB2BGR(0xFF8F50), _RGB2BGR(0x272822), 1)                       ; diff deletion -  >>> AU3 CONSOLE ORANGE
    Sci_StyleSet($__g_pSciTE, 32, -1, _RGB2BGR(0x272822), 1)                                       ; line numbers in the margin
    Sci_StyleSet($__g_pSciTE, 33, _RGB2BGR(0x0000BB), _RGB2BGR(0xA0E0F0), 1)                       ; line numbers in the margin
    Local $sContent = @CRLF & _
            "! Red" & @CRLF & _
            "> Blue" & @CRLF & _
            "- Orange" & @CRLF & _
            "+ Green" & @CRLF & _
            ""
    Sci_AddLines($__g_pSciTE, $sContent, 0)

EndFunc   ;==>_Example_ERRORLIST

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

The example script files need to be further strippeddown to a bare minimum since it only needs to show output. 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

1 minute ago, Jos said:

The example script files need to be further strippeddown to a bare minimum since it only needs to show output. 

A very wise statement, but I do not know what you mean, does it mean I'm dumb ? :idiot:
**** self criticism ****

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

I meant that the example is too complex as it is based on a option to edit the script which is not needed for output lexing.
I started stripping the code and this is not the example that only needs _SciLexer.au3 to be included and all/most bloat is removed:

;
; Script that demonstartes the scite output pane lexing
; Based on a script from Prog@ndy
#include "_SciLexer.au3"
;
Global Const $tagSCNotification = "hwnd hWndFrom;int IDFrom;int Code;" & _
        "int position;" & _ ;  // SCN_STYLENEEDED, SCN_DOUBLECLICK, SCN_MODIFIED, SCN_DWELLSTART, SCN_DWELLEND, SCN_CALLTIPCLICK, SCN_HOTSPOTCLICK, SCN_HOTSPOTDOUBLECLICK
        "int ch;" & _             ;// SCN_CHARADDED, SCN_KEY
        "int modifiers;" & _      ;// SCN_KEY, SCN_DOUBLECLICK, SCN_HOTSPOTCLICK, SCN_HOTSPOTDOUBLECLICK
        "int modificationType;" & _ ;// SCN_MODIFIED
        "ptr text;" & _  ;const char *text ;// SCN_MODIFIED, SCN_USERLISTSELECTION, SCN_AUTOCSELECTION
        "int length;" & _         ;// SCN_MODIFIED
        "int linesAdded;" & _     ;// SCN_MODIFIED
        "int message;" & _        ;// SCN_MACRORECORD
        "dword wParam;" & _      ;// SCN_MACRORECORD
        "dword lParam;" & _      ;// SCN_MACRORECORD
        "int line;" & _           ;// SCN_MODIFIED, SCN_DOUBLECLICK
        "int foldLevelNow;" & _   ;// SCN_MODIFIED
        "int foldLevelPrev;" & _  ;// SCN_MODIFIED
        "int margin;" & _         ;// SCN_MARGINCLICK
        "int listType;" & _       ;// SCN_USERLISTSELECTION, SCN_AUTOCSELECTION
        "int x;" & _              ;// SCN_DWELLSTART, SCN_DWELLEND
        "int y;"                  ;// SCN_DWELLSTART, SCN_DWELLEND

; define some initial test text for output lexing
Global $DefaultText = '>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /Prod /AU3check /in "D:\Development\AutoIt3\programs\test\test.au3"' & @CRLF & _
        '+>15:42:49 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.18.708.1148.3 SciTE v.4.1.2.0   Keyboard:00020409  OS:WIN_10/  CPU:X64 OS:X64  Environment(Language:0413)  CodePage:0  utf8.auto.check:4' & @CRLF & _
        '+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\jvdza\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\jvdza\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE' & @CRLF & _
        '>Running AU3Check (3.3.14.5)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3  input:D:\Development\AutoIt3\programs\test\test.au3' & @CRLF & _
        '"D:\Development\AutoIt3\programs\test\test.au3"(16,10) : error: ExitLoo(): undefined function.' & @CRLF & _
        'ExitLoo' & @CRLF & _
        '~~~~~~~^' & @CRLF & _
        'D:\Development\AutoIt3\programs\test\test.au3 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)' & @CRLF & _
        '+>15:42:49 AU3Check ended. Press F4 to jump to next error.rc:2' & @CRLF & _
        '->15:42:49 AU3Check ended. Press F4 to jump to next error.rc:2' & @CRLF & _
        '!>15:42:49 AU3Check ended. Press F4 to jump to next error.rc:2' & @CRLF & _
        '--->15:42:49 AU3Check ended. Press F4 to jump to next error.rc:2' & @CRLF & _
        '+>15:42:49 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.' & @CRLF & _
        '>Exit code: 0    Time: 0.7428' & @CRLF

$Gui = GUICreate("SciOutput", 1200, 700)
$Sci = SCI_CreateEditorErr($Gui, 10, 10, 1180, 680, 0)
Sci_AddLines($Sci, $DefaultText, 0)

GUIRegisterMsg(0x004E, "MY_WM_NOTIFY")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1

$Msg = GUIGetMsg(1)
    Switch $Msg[0]
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

EndSwitch

WEnd

Func MY_WM_NOTIFY($hWndGUI, $MsgID, $wParam, $lParam)
    Local $Return
    ; Add alll handlers like the following :)
    $Return = SCI_WM_NOTIFY($hWndGUI, $MsgID, $wParam, $lParam)
    If $Return <> 'GUI_RUNDEFMSG' Then Return $Return
    ; End Handler

Return 'GUI_RUNDEFMSG'
EndFunc   ;==>MY_WM_NOTIFY

;modified by Jos for Outputpane
Func SCI_InitEditorErr($Sci)
    Local $bits = SendMessage($Sci, $SCI_GETSTYLEBITSNEEDED, 0, 0)
    SendMessage($Sci, $SCI_SETSTYLEBITS, $bits, 0)

SendMessage($Sci, $SCI_SETTABWIDTH, 4, 0)
    SendMessage($Sci, $SCI_SETINDENTATIONGUIDES, True, 0)

SendMessage($Sci, $SCI_SETMARGINTYPEN, $MARGIN_SCRIPT_NUMBER, $SC_MARGIN_NUMBER)
    SendMessage($Sci, $SCI_SETMARGINWIDTHN, $MARGIN_SCRIPT_NUMBER, SendMessageString($Sci, $SCI_TEXTWIDTH, $STYLE_LINENUMBER, "_99999"))

SendMessage($Sci, $SCI_SETMARGINWIDTHN, $MARGIN_SCRIPT_ICON, 16)

SendMessage($Sci, $SCI_AUTOCSETSEPARATOR, Asc(@CR), 0)
    SendMessage($Sci, $SCI_AUTOCSETIGNORECASE, True, 0)

SetStyle($Sci, $STYLE_DEFAULT, 0x000000, 0xFFFFFF, 8, "Courier New")
    SendMessage($Sci, $SCI_STYLECLEARALL, 0, 0)

SetStyle($Sci, $STYLE_BRACEBAD, 0x009966, 0xFFFFFF, 0, "", 0, 1)

SetStyle($Sci, $SCE_ERR_DEFAULT, 0x000000, 0xFFFFFF)
    SetStyle($Sci, $SCE_ERR_PYTHON, 0x0000FF, 0xFFFFFF)
    SetStyle($Sci, $SCE_ERR_GCC, 0x8000ff, 0xFFFFFF)
    SetStyle($Sci, $SCE_ERR_MS, 0x0080ff, 0xFFFFFF, 0, "", 1)             ; used for errors in AU3CHECK/AutoIt3/Tidy

SetStyle($Sci, $SCE_ERR_CMD, 0xFF0000, 0xFFFFFF, 0, "", 1, 1)

SetStyle($Sci, $SCE_ERR_BORLAND, 0x0060B0, 0xFFFFFF, 0, "", 1)
    SetStyle($Sci, $SCE_ERR_PERL, 0x0000FF, 0xFFFFFF, 0, "", 1)
    SetStyle($Sci, $SCE_ERR_NET, 0x0000FF, 0xFFFFFF, 0, "", 1)
    SetStyle($Sci, $SCE_ERR_LUA, 0x0000FF, 0xFFFFFF, 0, "", 1)
    SetStyle($Sci, $SCE_ERR_CTAG, 0xFF00FF, 0xFFFFFF, 0, "", 1)

SetStyle($Sci, $SCE_ERR_DIFF_CHANGED, 0x0000F7, 0xFFFFFF, 0, "", 1)    ;  9 !
    SetStyle($Sci, $SCE_ERR_DIFF_ADDITION, 0x007F00, 0xFFFFFF, 0, "", 1)   ; 10 +
    SetStyle($Sci, $SCE_ERR_DIFF_DELETION, 0x0088FF, 0xFFFFFF, 0, "", 1)   ; 11 -
    SetStyle($Sci, $SCE_ERR_DIFF_MESSAGE, 0x00007F, 0xFFFFFF, 0, "", 1)    ; 12 ---

SetStyle($Sci, $SCE_ERR_PHP, 0xF000FF, 0xFFFFFF, 0, "", 0, 0)
    SetStyle($Sci, $SCE_ERR_ELF, 0xA00FF0, 0xFFFFFF, 0, "", 0, 1)
    SetStyle($Sci, $SCE_ERR_IFC, 0xFF0000, 0xFFFFFF, 0, "", 0, 1)
    SetStyle($Sci, $SCE_ERR_IFORT, 0x0000FF, 0xFFFFFF, 0, "", 1, 1)
    SetStyle($Sci, $SCE_ERR_ABSF, 0x0080FF, 0xFFFFFF, 0, "", 1, 1)
    SetStyle($Sci, $SCE_ERR_TIDY, 0x0080FF, 0xFFFFFF, 0, "", 1, 1)
    SetStyle($Sci, $SCE_ERR_JAVA_STACK, 0x0080FF, 0xFFFFFF, 0, "", 1, 1)

If @error Then
        Return 0
    Else
        Return 1
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>SCI_InitEditorErr

Func SCI_CreateEditorErr($hWnd, $X, $Y, $W, $H, $RegisterWM_NOTIFY = True) ; The return value is the hwnd of the window, and can be used for Win.. functions
    Local $Sci = SCI_CreateEditor($hWnd, $X, $Y, $W, $H)
    If @error Then
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf
    SCI_InitEditorErr($Sci)
    If @error Then
        Return SetError(2, 0, 0)
    Else
        If $RegisterWM_NOTIFY = True Then GUIRegisterMsg(0x4E, "SCI_WM_NOTIFY")
        Return $Sci
    EndIf

EndFunc   ;==>SCI_CreateEditorErr

Func SCI_WM_NOTIFY($hWndGUI, $MsgID, $wParam, $lParam)
    #forceref $hWndGUI, $MsgID, $wParam
    Local $structNMHDR = DllStructCreate("hwnd hWndFrom;int IDFrom;int Code", $lParam) ; tagNMHDR
    Local $sClassName = DllCall("User32.dll", "int", "GetClassName", "hwnd", DllStructGetData($structNMHDR, 1), "str", "", "int", 512)
    $sClassName = $sClassName[2]
    If $sClassName <> "Scintilla" Then Return 'GUI_RUNDEFMSG'
    $structNMHDR = DllStructCreate($tagSCNotification, $lParam)
    If @error Then Return 'GUI_RUNDEFMSG'

Local $hwndFrom = DllStructGetData($structNMHDR, 1)
    Local $idFrom = DllStructGetData($structNMHDR, 2)
    Local $event = DllStructGetData($structNMHDR, 3)
    Local $position = DllStructGetData($structNMHDR, 4)
    Local $ch = DllStructGetData($structNMHDR, 5)
    Local $modifiers = DllStructGetData($structNMHDR, 6)
    Local $modificationType = DllStructGetData($structNMHDR, 7)
    Local $char = DllStructGetData($structNMHDR, 8)
    Local $length = DllStructGetData($structNMHDR, 9)
    Local $linesAdded = DllStructGetData($structNMHDR, 10)
    Local $message = DllStructGetData($structNMHDR, 11)
    Local $uptr_t = DllStructGetData($structNMHDR, 12)
    Local $sptr_t = DllStructGetData($structNMHDR, 13)
    Local $Line = DllStructGetData($structNMHDR, 14)
    Local $foldLevelNow = DllStructGetData($structNMHDR, 15)
    Local $foldLevelPrev = DllStructGetData($structNMHDR, 16)
    Local $margin = DllStructGetData($structNMHDR, 17)
    Local $listType = DllStructGetData($structNMHDR, 18)
    Local $X = DllStructGetData($structNMHDR, 19)
    Local $Y = DllStructGetData($structNMHDR, 20)
    Local $Sci = $hwndFrom
    If Not IsHWnd($Sci) Then $Sci = HWnd($Sci)
;~  ConsoleWrite("lll" & _WinAPI_GetClassName($Sci) & @CRLF)
    Local $line_number = SendMessage($Sci, $SCI_LINEFROMPOSITION, $position, 0)
    Local $Word, $WordPos, $CurrentLine, $PreviousLine, $Tabs, $TabsAdd, $style, $CurrentPos, $pos, $Replace, $AllVariables, $AllVariablesSplit, $AllWords, $err, $Variable
    Switch $event
        Case $SCN_CALLTIPCLICK
        Case $SCN_CHARADDED
        Case $SCN_MARGINCLICK
        Case $SCN_SAVEPOINTREACHED
        Case $SCN_SAVEPOINTLEFT

EndSwitch
    $structNMHDR = 0
    $event = 0
    $lParam = 0
    Return 'GUI_RUNDEFMSG'
EndFunc   ;==>SCI_WM_NOTIFY

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

A ... you mean CleanUp and Refactoring.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

I was trying to use:

Func Sci_SetReadOnly($Sci, $bReadOnly)
    SendMessage($Sci, $SCI_SETREADONLY, $bReadOnly, 0)
    If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, 0)
    Return 1
EndFunc   ;==>Sci_SetReadOnly

But SCI_SETREADONLY is blocking also SCI_ADDTEXT

I'm wondering how to set ReadOnly status only for end-user and still keep possibility to use SCI_ADDTEXT in the script ?
I mean I want to push new messages but block input for end-user.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

I don't know but this probably should be a workaround: 

SendMessage($Sci, $SCI_SETREADONLY, 0, 0)
Sci_AddLines($Sci, $DefaultText, 0)
SendMessage($Sci, $SCI_SETREADONLY, 1, 0)

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Good point.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler