Get installed applications

Danyfirex

Sweet.  Been thinking about doing this for awhile, but I never got around to it.

When I install or uninstall programs, I like to keep the exes in Installed and Uninstalled folders.  This is so that I don't have to hunt all over the net to find programs to reinstall everything after a fresh format.  This will help me make a script which automates this process for me.

Excellent work. Thanks for sharing. I also keep the old versions of installed programs. There are a few companies, that remove the older versions, when they release a new one. I guess, that's one way, to get you to upgrade.

I like this better than Belarc Advisor, since your list is by program name and matches the Windows uninstall list instead of Company Name. You have a bunch of "No Company Name's" and then the program name in their list and they get all the sub programs in the sub folders, which I prefer just what was actually installed. All I need is the main installation info.

This has given me some ideas to expand on this, like comparing computers to see which apps are not updated on both machines Even possibly scanning select folders for portable apps. I have portable apps on a separate partition that are shared with different Window installs on the same machine. One update, updates all. Makes it a lot easier to maintain.

I haven't looked at the code yet, but I did notice a minor issue. If the version is actually blank, it's getting populated with the same version of the previous entry. You can tell the difference by looking at the Windows uninstall list, that also have a blank versions, but shows a different version in the.name. It would be nice if they would fill out the info the way it was intended.

Like I said, Excellent and thanks again fro sharing.

This is very useful.  Thanks.  Can someone show the mods necessary to add installed date to the displayed array?  I made an attempt with:

Global Const $AIM_INSTALLDATE = 0x00001000
:

$aArray = GetInstalledApps(BitOR($AIM_DISPLAYNAME, $AIM_VERSION, $AIM_PUBLISHER, $AIM_INSTALLDATE))
_ArrayDisplay($aArray,"GetInstalledApps",Default, Default, Default, "Name|VERSION|PUBLISHER|Install Date")

The date column displays, but the dates are all 0.

MSDN has a different struct for the AppInfoData struct.  Theirs doesn't have psvPublisher and has psvLanguage twice.  What in the world is going on here?

The example work same as Control Panel/Add/Remove Programs. for some reason (I don't know) Only work with $AIM_DISPLAYNAME, $AIM_VERSION,$AIM_PUBLISHER flags. (just tested on window 7 x86).

@jaberwacky I glad it helps.

@ Rich071 I'll look into.

@qwert for some reason only work with that three flags that I show.

@wakillon I foget to clean the structure. I'll fix it in a while.

saludos

Edited by Danyfirex

Okey Js. I'll fix it.

thank you.

Update.

Edited by Danyfirex

@wakillon look in Add and Remove Programs I'm sure it either returns the value.

Saludos