AoRaToS

It seems there is a bug. If the conversation window is created when receiving a shake, the editbox is disabled. I have corrected it and will release an update along with some other bug fixes.

Thank you for reporting this.

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

Current version 2.9.9.1 [04/07/2019]

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

• 2 weeks later...

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger version 2.9.8.5

1. Fixed a bug with the "Sort Treeview" option, if changed while disconnected, it wouldn't work.

2. Fixed the "Language Chooser" window size to show correctly in Windows 8.

3. Fixed "s!mpL3 LAN Messenger download" window size to show correctly in Windows 8.

4. Fixed a bug which would occur when a conversation window would be created by receiving a shake and the main editbox would be disabled. (thanks nasef)

5. Added an option to keep the tray icon when hidden, clicking it will restore the hidden windows. Notifications and Sounds are still supressed. In order to "hide" s!mpL3 LAN Messenger, use the hotkey or the right click context menu. (requested by nasef)

Having both the "Hide in tray" and "Start in "hidden" mode" options checked will start s!mpL3 LAN Messenger in the tray.

Please report any bugs.

Enjoy!

Regarding the next version, I will add "Auto Update" as an option as well as some other stuff if I find time.

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

• 2 weeks later...

Hello nasef,

Glad you like it!

I'm currenly thinking of adding the below:

Auto update - will automatically download the latest version and install it on next run

Folder transfers

GUI updates - Themes

New conversation window with smiley support

The below are also being planned:

Update via LAN - if 1 computer on a LAN has the latest version, the rest will be able to update from it. This will be useful for places where there is no internet connection available on many computers.

Voice Chat

Video Chat

You asked if adding voice chat is difficult. I wouldn't say it's difficult, it just takes time and needs allot of testing.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

I cannot give any release dates cause it depends on how much time I have available.

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

Would be nice if you could add whitelabel support. I know a few people whom do not wish to use it simply because the name has letter substitution. (the comment made was "it looks hackerish")

Edited by 0pt1on

Hello nasef,

Not being able to send "|" is actually not a bug, it is used internally and that's why I have chosen to strip it from text. I might work around that and make it available soon.

About the pop-up MsgBoxes I will see if it's better to change them to tray notifications or remove them completely.

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

• 2 weeks later...

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger version 2.9.8.6 - [04/11/2014]

1. Added the ability to send folders. Folders are zipped before being sent.

2. Fixed a bug with "Hide in tray" not showing the password input and directly making windows appear when the "Password lock" option was enabled.

3. Fixed a bug with Auto-Refresh not working after startup unless changed from Preferences.

4. Fixed a bug where you could attempt to send files to someone that was offline.

5. Changed "Start with Windows" so it only works for the Current User, system wide is not needed.

6. Changed the location of s!mpL3 LAN Messenger files to be in the Local AppData folder.

7. Fixed the use of "|". Please make sure you update all your clients to the latest version as this may cause issues when chatting with someone who is using an older version.

8. Optimized internal communication mechanism.

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

If you're using a s!mpL3 LAN Messenger desktop shortcut and it seems to lose it's icon, follow the steps below to fix it:

Run s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

Click "Edit" -> "Preferences"

Choose the "Maintenance" tab

Tick the "Remove registry keys" checkbox

Click "Remove"

Restart the app and follow the initial setup

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Any issues to report

One issue actually.  I can't move the window.  Is this by design or am I just stupit?  Win7 x64 is that helps.  V. 2.9.8.6

Another issue is that I don't know how to initiate a session with another user.  I see them on the list but nothing works.  Double clicking, right clicking, etc.  Nevermind, started working!

Edited by jaberwacky

• 3 weeks later...

Another issue is that I don't know how to initiate a session with another user.  I see them on the list but nothing works.  Double clicking, right clicking, etc.  Nevermind, started working!

Actually, it started doing this again.  I had the program open for a few hours yesterday.  I double clicked on the entry for the other computer, but no chat window ever appeared.

Actually, it started doing this again. I had the program open for a few hours yesterday. I double clicked on the entry for the other computer, but no chat window ever appeared.

Hello jaberwacky,

Just a few questions, how long is the other person's username? Is there a scrollbar in the main window of s!mpL3 LAN Messenger? If yes, try scrolling to the right and then double click the username. Does that work? I have noticed this issue in the past and will be fixing it along with other GUI improvements.

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

Seven letters. No scroll bar.

Edit: To be more specific it's seven letters and then "-PC".

Can you try to Hide the messenger either by using Ctrl+H or by the right click option of the tray icon and then make it appear again? You can choose "keep in tray" in preferences so the icon stays there. I want to see if the window is created hidden by any chance.

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3