unable to control IE created by a different user via runas

monogeo

I am able to launch IE using a different user via runas successfully; however, I cannot control it via _IECreate and _IEAttach. For example, I log on a windows 2008 R2 server as a user - administrator, then run these:

RunAs("testuser", "mydomain", "password", 1, "c:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe https://test.mydomain.com")

or

Run("C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe")
WinWaitActive("Administrator:C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe","",1)
Send('runas /profile /user:mydomain\testuser "c:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe https://test.mydomain.com"{ENTER}')
Send("password{ENTER}")

The IE is launched and goes to https://test.mydomain.com properly. Then I try to control it using:

$ie = _IEAttach("mydomain") ;mydomain is a substring of the page's title

or

$ie = _IECreate("https://test.mydomain.com", 1)_IEQuit($ie)But _IEAttach returns @error = 7 (No Match) and _IECreate returns @extended = 0 (fail to attach to an existing window).

Looks like both _IEAttach and _IECreate cannot see any windows created by other users.

Is there a way I can do this? Thanks!

Edited by monogeo

You might try using _IEAttach with the embedded mode. This is the same thing you must do with HTA applications. It is a security zone issue,

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Thanks Dale. I tried your suggestion:

$ie = _IEAttach("mydomain", "embedded")

and

$ie = _IEAttach("[REGEXPTITLE:mydomain; INSTANCE:1]", "embedded", 1)

But both failed with this:

@error = 7 (No Match) and @extended = 1

The runas command successfully launched IE and only one IE windows running.

Am I missing any other steps? Thanks!

Looks like you are doing it correctly. You may want to try to insure your selection criteria is correct by trying it with something like WinGetHandle.

Other than that, you may need to run your AutoIt script under the same username as the browser.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

try like this..... maybe?.....

Bye

#include <IE.au3>

$ie_handle1 = winactivate("[CLASS:IEFrame]") ; get iexplore handle
$oIE = _IEAttach($ie_handle1 ,"HWND" ) ; reference to $o_object
ConsoleWrite( _IEPropertyGet( $oIE, "locationurl") & @crlf) ; url of the displayed web page
Edited by Pincopanco

image.jpeg.9f1a974c98e9f77d824b358729b089b0.jpeg Chimp

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....