Newbie's request for a very simple script

Guest Veev

Hiya, I have no clue how to write AutoIt scripts, and I don't really have the time or urge to learn how right now, but I would like to request a very simple script if you don't mind.

All I want, is a script that moves the mouse around in a clockwise direction, in the middle of the screen, with about a 1 inch diameter. And if possible, I'd like two separate versions of it: one where it does it nonstop (constantly rotating around until the script is ended), and one where it makes the rotation only once every 60 seconds.

Edit: I just realized that an actual circle may be too difficult or time consuming to make if you have to use a bunch of different coordinates; a simple square would do fine, too.

Hope this isn't too much to ask, and hope I asked in the right place. Thanks! :whistle:

Edited by Veev

Also, I believe I need these two lines in there somewhere:

WinActivate("window name here")

HotKeySet("{PAUSE}", "EndScript")

Would I just put them in at the very beginning?

Look HERE for something similar.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

Hah, that should be perfect. Thanks!!

(By the way, I removed the "ToolTip($i)" line, all that did was display the coordinate on the screen, right? Checking to see if that's all I needed to remove or if I removed the wrong part, but it seemed to work.)

Look HERE for something similar.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

way more helpful than i was going to be after reading the request. just something about "i'm lazy and stupid and have no desire to change that, but could you just do this" that kind of kills my desire to help... Granted he worded it alot more cordially, but that's what he said.

way more helpful than i was going to be after reading the request.    just something about "i'm lazy and stupid and have no desire to change that, but could you just do this" that kind of kills my desire to help... Granted he worded it alot more cordially, but that's what he said.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just get carried away with finding answers to problems. I have negligible programming skills but I am good at finding examples to change.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

Well I just didn't want to spend hours or days learning how to write a script that I knew could be done in a few minutes. I have absolutely no experience in programming, and I was just after this specific script. Sorry if that seems lazy.

Well I just didn't want to spend hours or days learning how to write a script that I knew could be done in a few minutes.  I have absolutely no experience in programming, and I was just after this specific script.  Sorry if that seems lazy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it's ok man, you don't have to justify yourself to me, there are plenty of things i'd rather not learn how to do, auto-repair for example. and i dont' think myself (or you) a bad person for opting to have someone else do it rather than learning it. I am glad for you that someone was willing to help you, but personally i post on this forum to help people learn, not so much to do work that that they don't feel like learning...