Adding a JPG to a GUI (Seroisly Need Help I Suck at this, Please)

Octics

Say i have got this.

GUICreate("SeLecToR",428,200)

$trackmenu = GuiCtrlCreateContextMenu ()

$aboutitem = GuiCtrlCreateMenuitem ("About",$trackmenu)

GuiCtrlCreateMenuitem ("",$trackmenu)

$exititem = GuiCtrlCreateMenuitem ("Exit",$trackmenu)

$Pic1 = GUICtrlCreatePic(@ScriptDir&"\Picture.jpg", 228, 428, 228, 428)

GuiSetState()

That doesnt work and it is defintly wrong i would say, is there any thing else i am missing to make this work?

I am EXTREAMLY new to this

Thanks

Look at the help file, then look at the parameters for the top and left position for the pic control, then look at the parameters that set the width and height.

In your line you're putting the picture at the bottom right corner of the GUI then making it the same size as the GUI.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Tested with this code and it works:

#include  <GUIConstants.au3>
GUICreate("SeLecToR",428,200)
$trackmenu = GuiCtrlCreateContextMenu ()
$aboutitem = GuiCtrlCreateMenuitem ("About",$trackmenu)
GuiCtrlCreateMenuitem ("",$trackmenu)
$exititem = GuiCtrlCreateMenuitem ("Exit",$trackmenu)

$Pic1 = GUICtrlCreatePic(@ScriptDir & "\Image.jpg", 0,0,0,0) ;<<<< Changed This

GuiSetState()

While 1
$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $nMsg
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd

Hi!

My UDF: NetInfo UDF Play with your network, check your download/upload speed and much more! YTAPI Easy to use YouTube API, now you can easy retrive all needed info from a video. NavInfo Check if a specific browser is installed and retrive other usefull information. YWeather Easy to use Yahoo Weather API, now you can easily retrive details about the weather in a specific region. No-IP UDF Easily update your no-ip hostname(s).

My Script: Wallpaper Changer Change you wallpaper dinamically, you can also download your wallpaper from your website and share it with all!   My Snippet: _ImageSaveToBMPConvert an image to bmp format. _SciteGOTO Open a file in SciTE at specific fileline. _FileToHex Show the hex code of a specified file

Thanks alot guys i have worked out how to do it but the problem now is that i have added buttons for the gui and every thing works but the buttons do not Show up or appear its got me stuffed i have looked at some help files and just cant get it right.

all i have done is just read some examples and made this still learning, your help is much appretiated

heres my code

<snip>

I am getting an error on line 19 about the buttons, am i missing some thing or have to inclued something or add some varible if so what do i write?

Thanks heeps peoples

Edited by Melba23
Code removed

You have used the Opt "MustDeclareVars", but you don't have declared your variable before to use them.

In your while loop you can use Switch...Case...EndSwitch

This is just a little part of your code fixed:

[<snip>Hi!

Edited by Melba23
Code removed

My UDF: NetInfo UDF Play with your network, check your download/upload speed and much more! YTAPI Easy to use YouTube API, now you can easy retrive all needed info from a video. NavInfo Check if a specific browser is installed and retrive other usefull information. YWeather Easy to use Yahoo Weather API, now you can easily retrive details about the weather in a specific region. No-IP UDF Easily update your no-ip hostname(s).

My Script: Wallpaper Changer Change you wallpaper dinamically, you can also download your wallpaper from your website and share it with all!   My Snippet: _ImageSaveToBMPConvert an image to bmp format. _SciteGOTO Open a file in SciTE at specific fileline. _FileToHex Show the hex code of a specified file

• Moderators

Octics,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum. :)

Unfortunately you appear to have missed the Forum rules on your way in. Please read them now (there is also a link at bottom right of each page) - particularly the bit about not discussing game launching - and then you will understand why you will get no help and this thread will now be locked. :naughty:

See you soon with a legitimate question I hope. :)

Nessie,

Once it is clear that a thread breaks the rules, I would rather you stopped helping - OK? ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area