Keyboard-shortcuts in SciTE not working (e.g. ALT+F6 for AU3Recorder or any other combination)

Dear AutoIT volunteers and users

I'm new to AutoIT and I just want to give it a try as alternative method for some manual installations and other things (automating things which can't be automated with GPO's, Registry-entries and and and).

Now I've got a problem which i believe I'm not the only one with it... but i didn't found a matching thread with searching in these forums or with google (maybe if i spent some more hours.... reading trough all the search results)...

I can't use any shortcuts in SciTE. Now I believe the problem is within the $(SciteDefaultHome) variable.

I've found these entries in the properties files:

# 07 AU3Record program
#~ command.7.$(au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\ScriptWriter\AU3record.exe" /o
command.7.$(au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /AU3Record

When i run the commands in the command line console, it runs without any problems but when i hit the keyboard-combination for it inside SciTE, it doesn't do anything, it seems to don't even try to open something.

I've got a Win7 Enterprise with newest updates, x64 version, normally working without admin rights but starting the SciTE with admin login prompt (but doesn't run without admin rights (-> as a normal user) either).

Can anyone maybe give me an advice on where to search for the problem? Is there a way to define the scitedefaulthome variable or do i have to start SciTE with a special parameter?

If there is a thread with the same problem and a solution: I'm really sorry to post this again, I'm going to get myself new glasses... :)

Best regards and thanks to everyone involved for their work on AutoIT and its components!

Most of the tools need you to have a file saved as a *.au3 file before you can activate them, even if the file is empty as long as it's been saved the tools show up in the Tools menu.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Omg... I'm sure I tried this before with a saved document... anyway now it works, thanks! Maybe there was a reboot needed before this works... can't explain this behaviour in another way.

Nevermind... just wrote this if someone else have this problem and there's really a reboot needed.

Best regards