Configuring Scite editor without EXE file

Hi

I have a copy of Scite that i use for coding in a few other languages and would like to add AutoIT to it, but it looks from the download section on this site that the only way to do so would be to run the provided executable file?

Is there anyway to configure Scite to do the syntax highlighting and auto-completion without running that executable file?

Thanks in advance

Adam

• Developers

Hi

I have a copy of Scite that i use for coding in a few other languages and would like to add AutoIT to it, but it looks from the download section on this site that the only way to do so would be to run the provided executable file?

Is there anyway to configure Scite to do the syntax highlighting and auto-completion without running that executable file?

Thanks in advance

Adam

Sure... you have a couple of options:
  • Run the Full version we supply in a separate installer or ZIP file and add your modifications to it.
  • Copy the config files for Autoit3 from the ZIP file.

This wouldn't give you the most up-to-date SciLexer as I haven't submitted any changes to Neil in the last couple for years.

Other disadvantage is that all LUA functionality we added will not work.

Let me know when you have questions,

Jos :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Hi Jos,

Thanks for the quick reply and your suggestions, maybe it would help if i explain the reason for not running EXE files.

I recently purchased a Surface RT tablet and i have found that someone was able to re-compile Scite to run under ARM instruction set (yes i know that AutoIT tools wont) so i was interested in using this to work on AutoIT code when away from the office with a view to editing code so that i could incorporate the changes once back in the office.

I will give it a go using the config files from the zip unless you can suggest a better solution now you know the reason for the request?

Thanks again

Adam