C-ISAM Binary Float/Double from file problem

Tzel

Ok.. Im trying to convert an old (very old) C-ISAM file (from a SCO Unix box) into plain text (a must for the first step which is checking the data and manipulating it first) for integrating it into a newer SQL system.

I can parse the file absolutely fine in terms of fields and there are only 9 fields per record, however the value (currency) fields are driving me up the wall. So far ive been unable to even come close to converting them to a normal readable float/double.

Below I have placed some examples of the values in the fields as encoded in the file and what they should read when converted. The float/double fields consist of 8 bytes, am i interpreting it wrong to take them all as one value? is the field split in two?, if so can someone enlighten me please.

0x0000000000A07940 - 410

0x0000000000608D40 - 940

0x00000000204ED440 - 20792.5

0xAE47E17A14B66240 - 149.99

Any help/code will be greatly appreciated as this is slowly driving me round the twist, it doesn't help that its not often I have to deal directly with binary values so for once im just a little blind on this one.

Thanx in advance

Update...

I just realised that where the field ends in hex 40 (ASCII '@') it means that the record is NOT a negative value, they end in hex C0 if they ARE negative.. I would still appreciate some help as this is still giving me trouble, however i will tweak a few things and see if this makes any of my many previous failed attempts look more promising.

All I can say is thank you so much... that worked perfectly... and you were right... I read the wrong line on that conversion, my bad.

Thank you again, I may even go as far as to write an adaptive/adaptable C-ISAM data file converter at some point and will post on the forums if I do.