ControlListView and 64bit

Hi,

first, i have search the forum for this problem and know the remark "commands may fail when using a 64-bit AutoIt process to read from a 32-bit process". My Problem is that i don't know how to solve this. I need the Filename from a marked file in an FileOpen Dialog from an application. When i compile my script to 64bit (all Clients are 64bit) ControlListView with GetText won't work. If i compile it to 32bit, the script and ControlListView works, but the script start takes up to 5-10 Seconds, much to long for daily use. Working with sending keystrokes (F2 an then Clipget) ist not so reliable. Has anyone a hint how to solve this Problem?

Thanks

Post your code to see more details. Further, how often the script is called? 5-10 seconds sounds like an AV problem.

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

The script is called 30-40 times on a client. AV (Antivirus?) is excluded for the folder where the exe files are stored.

The code with the part ControlListView:

$markierte_datei_ermitteln = ControlListView("Öffnen", "", "[CLASS:SysListView32; INSTANCE:1]", "GetSelected")

$name_markierte_datei = ControlListView("Öffnen", "", "[CLASS:SysListView32; INSTANCE:1]", "GetText",$markierte_datei_ermitteln)

Edited by planetstar

• Moderators

I'm with UEZ, you post a two line snippet and expect people to guess. Please provide the following:

• What you intend to do with the script
  • Full code or a reproducer
  • Exact wording of the error
  • AutoIt Version

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Thank you for trying to help me out. Please don't understand me wrong and no offense but where is the sense when i post the full code for this problem. As i said in my first post, the script works as a script. Only ControlListView with GetText from a 32bit Window in combination with 64bit compilation works not. And i was wondering if there is a workaround for this without writing my own implementation for string text = au3.ControlListView(windowTitle, "", "SysListView321", "GetText", "1", ""); - someone suggested that in an older topic :sweating:

But luckily in this special case ControlGetText("Öffnen", "", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]") helps me out with this. Thanks again for helping.