Function in Hidden Window

I have an autoit script which open and runs a CD player. I want it to do all operations in hidden mode ie it should open the CD player in background, select the menus etc and just play the movie in foregorund in end.

We can do this in case of a Run comand used for DOS ; _RunDos ($sCommand) which executes the DOS command in hidden window.

But how to execute whole whindow function in backgorund which just pops up final result ??

Hi desertcolt,

I have an autoit script which open and runs a CD player. I want it to do all operations in hidden mode ie it should open the CD player in background, select the menus etc  and just play the movie in foregorund in end.

We can do this in case of a Run comand used for DOS ; _RunDos ($sCommand) which executes the DOS command in hidden window.

But how to execute whole whindow function in backgorund which just pops up final result ??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What about using the normal "RUN" with the @SW_HIDE flag?

Example:

Run("notepad.exe", "", @SW_HIDE)

The above will run notepad in a hidden window.

You could then use ControlSend () to do the automation stuff for the hidden window.

Finaly you could use WinSetState () to bring up the movie /result window you mentioned.

I hope this helps

commenti

Edit: Changed suggested ControlShow () to WinSetState. cause this seems after rereading the first post this seemed a better solution to your demands.

Edited by commenti