Project

ZibbZ

Welcome to the forums!

Do you have something on your computer that you would like to automate? For instance, today I finally got sick of having to load an external utility each time I want to check my mail, so I wrote a script that watches for my Email program to start, loads the utility hidden, waits for the Email program to stop and removes the utility from memory.

I'm also working on a utility that allows the use of a certain utility without the need to keep data in the Windows registry.

Do those thoughts give you any ideas of your own?

Welcome to the forums!

Do you have something on your computer that you would like to automate? For instance, today I finally got sick of having to load an external utility each time I want to check my mail, so I wrote a script that watches for my Email program to start, loads the utility hidden, waits for the Email program to stop and removes the utility from memory.

I'm also working on a utility that allows the use of a certain utility without the need to keep data in the Windows registry.

Do those thoughts give you any ideas of your own?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, kind of. I got AutoIt not too long ago, and all I can do is make programs run, and then I can put my Login Name and Password in. I know it is not hard, but I am learning something. I would like to have a parter, with who i could work with, because it would be alot easier to learn AutoIt. Right now, I have an auto login to Starcraft, and the Icon on my desktop is AutoIt, I want to see the StarCraft Icon. Can you help me. Thank You for the post
[font="Optima"]ZibbZ[/font]

To have that as a StarCraft icon:

• Move the script to another folder on your system.
  • Right-click it after moving it and choose Copy.
  • Right-click your desktop and choose Paste Shortcut.
  • You can rename this icon to anything you like.
  • Right-click it and choose Properties -- on one of the tabs there is a Choose Icon button and from there you can assign any icon to it.
P.S. PuTTY is a piece of software that I need to use to access my uni work both from home and from the computers at my uni that run Windows. It stores its data in the Windows registry (which on our systems is wiped out every time we log off) which is why I'm working on using AutoIt to read the information from a file and place that in the registry, so that PuTTY can then do its thing for me. :whistle:

Whatever you choose to do, just remember that we're here to help you if you can't find answers in the help file or after experimenting with your code (experimentation is where a lot of people learn the most).

Good luck!

Here's something that may give you ideas for things to do: browse the index of the included help file. Quickly read the name of each function listed within. If it sounds useful, read the page linked to it and try to think about where/when you might use that function.

Do that for the entire list and you just may have a handful of ideas to start working on!

Here's something that may give you ideas for things to do: browse the index of the included help file. Quickly read the name of each function listed within. If it sounds useful, read the page linked to it and try to think about where/when you might use that function.

Do that for the entire list and you just may have a handful of ideas to start working on!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote

Thanks for the icon, I really needed that. I do go through the help file, I just found out yesterday what's GUI is. I'm a newb and I'm learning. Do you know C++ by any chance?

[font="Optima"]ZibbZ[/font]