Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HopJokey

AutoIT with COM API support on Windows RT (Jailbroken)

3 posts in this topic

I am very interested in getting AutoIT to work on a jailbroken (which allows desktop apps) Surface RT. Currently via XDA I was able to get AutoIT v3.1.0.5 (not all the features work though) running on Win RT. However, the COM API is not supported in this version of AutoIT which I need to automate Office RT on the Surface RT.

How difficult would it be to incorporate the COM Object support into this special Win RT/ARM version of AutoIT?

It would be very difficult. You would need to adjust both lexer and parser code for starter. Then you need complete COM implementation written. During the time I was AutoIt developer I rewrote large amount of COM code AutoIt was working with to correct one thousand bugs it had, so I know what I'm talking about and how much reading I had to do. Believe me, you don't want that.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

It would be very difficult. You would need to adjust both lexer and parser code for starter. Then you need complete COM implementation written. During the time I was AutoIt developer I rewrote large amount of COM code AutoIt was working with to correct one thousand bugs it had, so I know what I'm talking about and how much reading I had to do. Believe me, you don't want that.

Cool thanks - I think I can achieve what I want using PowerShell which is included in Windows RT.