Ventrilo PTT Delay

Tacc

Hey guys was hoping I could get some help with a problem I've been having. I recently purchased a Logitech g930 wireless headset to use with Ventrilo and ever since I've had a problem where when I use Push to Talk the last .5 seconds or so of what I said gets cut off. Like I'll say "Brb getting a drink" and they'll hear "Brb getting a dri" even though I held the button til after I stopped talking. I've been trying to remember to hold the PTT key a little longer after I stop talking but its hard to remember. I was wondering if there was any way I could script something with autoit to automatically keep my PTT key held down for X seconds after I let it go. I've tried doing some googling and looking through the help but to no avail. Any help would be really appreciated! Or if anyone knows an alternate fix for the problem I'd love to hear it.

Hope this is helpful: http://forums.logitech.com/t5/PC-Gaming/G930-amp-Ventrilo-3-0-5-x64/td-p/481251

----------------------------------------

:bye: Hey there, was I helpful?

----------------------------------------

My Current OS: Win8 PRO (64-bit); Current AutoIt Version: v3.3.8.1

I appreciate it but no this isn't what I was looking for :( Logitech fixed this issue with their software. My PTT button works with the G keys on the headset. The problem I'm having is Ventrilo itself is cutting out the last 0.2 seconds or so of what I'm saying when I let go of the PTT button UNLESS I hold the PTT button down for 1/2 a second or so after I stop talking. So I was looking for an autoit script to just hold my PTT key down for 1/2 a second after I physically let go of it.

It's stupid that the Ventrilo client itself doesn't have a delay option for this reason. Seems to be a common issue with wireless headsets in particular. It's like Ventrilo stops processing whatever is being said when you let go of PTT and because of the latency caused by wireless the last little bit clips off.

Edited by Tacc

Let go of the button a little bit later?

That'd be the easiest solution. If I could remember to actually do it. It's a hard habit to get into when you're used to just letting go of it after you're done talking. I've been using Vent the same way for like 10 years now lol.