Creating a plugin for Xpadder

Hi everybody! This is my first post, and I come here to discuss the very issue that got me in AutoIt, which is the program Xpadder. I apologize in advance if I'm asking something already discussed or if my way of posting is a bit off, but I guess I need some time here to get the hang of it. So bear with me. :)

So, as I said, I regularly use the program Xpadder to complement my gamepad functions in videogames, but I've hit a wall concerning the program's functions. There is a glitch in Xpadder itself that causes it to get stuck (I can give more details on how the program works and what the glitch does if necessary), and I've gotten word from some of the developer staff that it won't get a fix anytime soon since it's a very complex issue that could mess with many other functions. Since my situation is not that common (I'm using a somewhat complex setup that most people don't) and there's already a workaround to fix the issue in these less complex setups, it has a very low priority in the updates' schedule.

So, rumaging in Xpadder forums for a possible workaround, I came to a thread about using AutoIt to create sound feedback for events in the game as means of hotkeys (basically, use AutoIt to create a hotkey that beeps when it's keyed, then make Xpadder press those buttons). This didn't work too good for me but got me thinking about more drastic measures.

My idea, then, would be to create a plugin of sorts, that hooked to the program itself and listened to its states. When Xpadder gets stuck, the plugin would kick it back to default, solving the issue.

I got no idea of AutoIt yet, but I'm willing to learn if what I seek is possible. I have no idea of how to start. I'm not asking for anybody to do this for me (of course if somebody offered I wouldn't say no :P) but I'd like to have some pointers before getting my hands dirty. I don't really know what information I'd have to provide for anybody here to make sense of this issue and being able to give me the proper advice, so I'm here to listen for a while and figure things out.

Thanks for your patience and I hope this is solved quickly

Edited by Darkitow

• Developers

So, as I said, I regularly use the program Xpadder to complement my gamepad functions in videogames, but I've hit a wall concerning the program's functions.

Start with reading our forumrules located at the right bottom of the page.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)