Trying to launch a proprietary application from fuji

This one is going to be a tough one to explain. The application is Fuji synapse. Its used for medical image viewing. All I would like to do is launch it.

When The application installs, it creates an "icon" on all users desktop. But its not really an icon in a traditional sense. Meaning, it does not exist if I do a dir command. It almost looks like a control panel object, or something like that. It exists if I drop down the address bar in explorer.

Ive attached a pic to show this. How can I figure out what kind of icon this is?

post-70391-0-24996700-1366660424_thumb.j

Hey,

Can you right click the synapse.ink file and go to properties?

If yes, just look at what you have on "Path" area, this should be the proper location of the program you are launching.

Otherwise, you can try to run the software, check the name of the process in windows task manager and do a file search of this process on your hard drive so you know where it is located.

In the taget of the shortcut, it just says SYNAPSE, as if its embedded somehow. I know where the program files dir is, but there is no EXE in there to launch the app.

Would there be a way for me to use a GUID, like the Mydocs, my computer guid?] ::{450d8fba-ad25-11d0-98a8-0800361b1103}

Edited by wisem2540

Hey,

Can you right click the synapse.ink file and go to properties?

If yes, just look at what you have on "Path" area, this should be the proper location of the program you are launching.

Otherwise, you can try to run the software, check the name of the process in windows task manager and do a file search of this process on your hard drive so you know where it is located.

So I find the application name and right click and select GO TO PROCESS. and it goes to explorer. So its definitely integrated into explorer.exe somehow.