RemoteApp 2FA Logon Script

Hello all -

We have an AutoIT logon script for two factor authentication that sends an SMS to the user with a random 6 digit auth code they have to type in before completing the session login to our RDS servers. This script works great for console sessions, but when using RemoteApp, it is only viewable if a user clicks the "Details" button while the session is loading. What makes it worse is that if the user has 3 or more monitors (which many of our users do), even when you click details, it is very hard to see, as in the details Windows it re-sizes the resolution of 3-4 monitors into the small window. Any suggestions? It would be great if there is a way to have this script start and be displayed normally, just like a RemoteApp, and is required once per session.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to get an AutoIT GUI based logon script to display normally during RemoteApp Logon?

Posted Image

• Moderators

I haven't used RemoteApp before, but I have done some scripts based around whether a user is logging in through TeamViewer, RDP, or other means. Have you looked into adding a check in the script for this (i.e. If ProcessExist("RemoteApp") Then do ...)?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Well, if I determined that the script needed to be run differently in the event that the user is running RemoteApp, that would be something to consider. Meaning that if I discovered that I needed to X when in RemoteApp mode and Y in console mode to make it work, I could certainly make that happen. The problem is that I do not have a method of getting the GUI to display in a normal Window in RemoteApp mode. The problem is that I need to run it once and only once per session, which generally means a logon script. but logon scripts with GUI's don't display in a normal Window, you have to view details when connecting, as shown above.