Sign in to follow this  
moto1334

Looking for Guru Advice on Script that Reacts to Text Output

moto1334

Hello wise ones, I am asking for advice on writing a particular complicated script that reacts to text feedback from a program.

Basically I have a text output box that will give ongoing feedback, and I want a script that goes through a cycling mouse/keystroke routine (does not have to be mouse button can be keyboard based if easier).

The routine:

1. Wait for text output: "Event 1." When this occurs left click mouse button

2. If test output "Event 2" occurs go to 3, if not go to 1 again.

3. Wait two seconds, then continuous hold on left click mouse button until read text feedback "Event 3." Release left click.

4. Left click hold for 4 seconds then release, then goto 1.

Thank you * 1e^10000000000000000000000000000000 !!

Melba23

moto1334,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum. :)

Do you any information on the control that is used to present this information to you? For example, is it a standard edit control? :huh:

And what is the app that you are trying to read? Some of them can be automated directly so knowing what we are dealing with would be very helpful. :)

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

moto1334

moto1334,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum. :)

Do you any information on the control that is used to present this information to you? For example, is it a standard edit control? :huh:

And what is the app that you are trying to read? Some of them can be automated directly so knowing what we are dealing with would be very helpful. :)

M23

I was debating how to respond to this because I did not want to sound as ignorant as I really am! Also not sure what the forum thinks about my intended use...

Since I am totally at your mercy I will just opt for total honesty: the text output is coming from a game running on Windows 7 that can be placed in a separate screen mode. I want to build this script to operate on this program based on a text box output. I really don't know or care which script operating program it runs off of, just something safe and useful.

So if you could imagine a game running on my computer, I would like to turn on the script program to automate a mostly simple and straightforward process as I sit and watch, drink some coffee and eat, rather than have to be staring at the text output obsessively with my finger on the mouse!

Thanks for your kind help.

Melba23

moto1334,

Also not sure what the forum thinks about my intended use

Then I suggest you read the Forum rules (the link is also at bottom right of each page) - particularly the bit about not discussing game automation - and find out. Thread locked, :naughty:

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area