Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
thagomizer

Launch of local exe fails

Recommended Posts

thagomizer

Has anyone run into this issue...  I have a script that does the following (in short):

     Run("RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess " & 1)

     ShellExecuteWait($InstallPath & "vcredist_x86.exe", "/Q", $InstallPath)

     ShellExecuteWait($InstallPath & "vs_piaredist.exe", " ", $InstallPath)

     ShellExecuteWait($InstallPath & "SetupCodeGroup.exe", "MDCCCDBSPARE.ad.mlhs.org", $InstallPath)

     ShellExecute("C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv2.0.50727CasPol.exe", "-machine -addgroup 1. -site {machine name} FullTrust -name {machine name} -exclusive on", "C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv2.0.50727")
 

The $InstallPath is a UNC path.

What happens is that on one 75% of my PCs, the script runs fine.   On the other 25%, the RUN does not work and the ShellExecute does not work.  Essentially, it will run anything that is called via UNC path, but not anything that is called locally.   I have re-checked permissions (all users are local admins), the context that the script runs under is Domain Admin, GPO settings are the same for both machines and users, there is no local policies set, there are no local applications that I can see that would cause this, etc...

Also, during my testing on a machine that is not working, MSGBOX will not work either.   It appears that anything that causes a pop-up is blocked (msgbox, the RunDLL32 and the Caspol each cause a pop-up to appear), but can not find the source.  And its not IE pop-up blocker related.  Oh, and the icon used for script execution does not load in the system tray like it normally would and should.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tripredacus

For the run, did you try fully qualifying the path? Are these on 64bit or 32bit PCs? What arch is your app compiled as?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thagomizer

I did not try the Fully qualified on the Run, as it works on most machines.  These are 32-bit XP devices with SP3, and the app is compiled under 3.3.8.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tripredacus

Also you can try running those two commands with a @ComSpec instead and see if it makes any difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×