Launch of local exe fails

Has anyone run into this issue...  I have a script that does the following (in short):

Run("RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess " & 1)

ShellExecuteWait($InstallPath & "vcredist_x86.exe", "/Q", $InstallPath)

ShellExecuteWait($InstallPath & "vs_piaredist.exe", " ", $InstallPath)

ShellExecuteWait($InstallPath & "SetupCodeGroup.exe", "MDCCCDBSPARE.ad.mlhs.org", $InstallPath)

ShellExecute("C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv2.0.50727CasPol.exe", "-machine -addgroup 1. -site {machine name} FullTrust -name {machine name} -exclusive on", "C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv2.0.50727")

The $InstallPath is a UNC path.

What happens is that on one 75% of my PCs, the script runs fine.   On the other 25%, the RUN does not work and the ShellExecute does not work.  Essentially, it will run anything that is called via UNC path, but not anything that is called locally.   I have re-checked permissions (all users are local admins), the context that the script runs under is Domain Admin, GPO settings are the same for both machines and users, there is no local policies set, there are no local applications that I can see that would cause this, etc...

Also, during my testing on a machine that is not working, MSGBOX will not work either.   It appears that anything that causes a pop-up is blocked (msgbox, the RunDLL32 and the Caspol each cause a pop-up to appear), but can not find the source.  And its not IE pop-up blocker related.  Oh, and the icon used for script execution does not load in the system tray like it normally would and should.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.