Need help on WinGetPos()

I have a game and am running 1 copy of the proram in sandboxie and 1 copy of the program by itself. Sandboxie appends its [#] thing to the title. e.g

Regular Program title:

program title

Sandboxie Program title:

[#] program title[#]

When I try to use wingetpos() on the first title, it works fine. But when I try to use wingetpos() on the sandboxie title, nothing is returned. However, if I set the sandboxie program to display the original program title, it can find the position just fine. But then I can only get the position of one of the windows because they share the same name and wingetpos() only gets the most recently active window. I thought it might have to do with escaping characters, so I tried escaping the brackets with "", and then I tried escaping the pound signs. Neither worked. It would always return an error saying subscript used with nonvariable array.

My code:

Global $windowinfo, $windowinfos
$windowinfo = WinGetPos("THEGAME™ ")
$x = $windowinfo[0]
$y = $windowinfo[1]
$windowinfos = WinGetPos("[#] THEGAME™ [#]")
$xs = $windowinfos[0]
$ys = $windowinfos[1]

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Edited by lingo124

• Moderators

lingo124,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum. :)

To what end are you trying to identify these windows?  Please read the Forum rules (there is also a link at bottom right of each page) to see what is not permitted here. ;)

But please also note that this is not the correct section for general queries  - "General Help" is more suitable than "Developer Chat".  I will move the thread for you. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Sorry about that. I just saw general coding talk and put it there.

I am trying to get the position of each of the windows so I can figure out the position of window elements in relation to its position (i.e. the enter key is 300,200 from the top right of the window. I am trying to use functions like mouseclick along with a coordinate.)

Edited by lingo124

• Moderators

lingo124,

I take from that reply that you did not bother to read the Forum rules to which I linked - and which clearly state that game interaction is not a permitted subject here.  Using MouseClick on game windows is interaction in my book.  Please take the time to read the rules before you post again - thread locked. :naughty:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area