Automation with the Command Line Interface

Guest gui76

It's not yet possible for me to download AutoIt, that's why I can't check by myself these features. But could you tell me :

- if with AutoIt, it can launch the Command line interface, then type automatically commands like cd /opt/../..", validate it, then try to execute a perl script with ./mailsimple.pl "2Mo.txt" "..@domain.com and control what the shell returns to this command (after the execution of the previous script, I except a result like INFO USER 100 OK, can the AutoIt compare what appears in the shell and what I expected?).

And how far is it hard to code ? what kind of script ?

And about a browser (IE) :

- can AutoIT, after launching the browser, connect to a specific URL, then try to login into a webmail, and "read" the object of the e-mail messages in the received mail box ? in order to check automatically the receiption of an e-mail ?

and the same question, if it is possible, how is it coded briefly ?

- last thing, do you think that AutoIT can manage an emulator which emulates a mobile browser with graphical user interface (like Openwave Simulator) ? I mean by automating the action of the typing on the emulated keypad of the mobile device ?

thank you very much in advance for any help :whistle:

Edited by gui76

it can launch the Command line interface, then type automatically commands like cd /opt/../..", validate it, then try to execute a perl script with ./mailsimple.pl "2Mo.txt" "..@domain.com and control what the shell returns to this command (after the execution of the previous script, I except a result like INFO USER 100 OK, can the AutoIt compare what appears in the shell and what I expected?).

can launch command line and execute whatever you want via command line, including parameters, as far as dealing with output that goes to console, you may want to have it sent to a file to be read in and dealt with at that point.

And how far is it hard to code ? what kind of script ?

hard is subjective, kind of script is an autoit script (sorry too easy on that one).

- can AutoIT, after launching the browser, connect to a specific URL, then try to login into a webmail, and "read" the object of the e-mail messages in the received mail box ? in order to check automatically the receiption of an e-mail ?

and the same question, if it is possible, how is it coded briefly ?

yes. check out dale's IE.au3. there are several links to it in the forums, including the one in his sig. the script is well documented, with examples, and there are applications of it all over this forum.

- last thing, do you think that AutoIT can manage an emulator which emulates a mobile browser with graphical user interface (like Openwave Simulator) ? I mean by automating the action of the typing on the emulated keypad of the mobile device ?

the easy answer is: if you can do it on your computer, so can AutoIT....one way or another...