_GUICtrlListView_Create() supports only 16 Child Guis

adom

• Moderators

trancexx,

people asking "why" unfortunatly have the lack of knowledge to give you sensible answer

As you do not seem to have a reasonable answer either, perhaps you should keep your snide comments to yourself. I fully realise there is absolutely no chance of you doing so in the foreseeable future, but there is no harm in asking - I mean, pigs might fly one day as well. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

AutoIt is currenly very low on "quality", so consider not using the stuff you don't really need because it'll be very long before that's changed.

Oh how I wish that wasn't true, but with brain drain from the developer group and development on the language seemingly stopped...

So many ideas and possibilities just lingering there in peoples minds, just waiting for something that will make it seem like it wouldn't be a total waste to explore them.

The future is at risk, why doesn't anybody do something? Anything?

Please.

@trancexx Well, as an engineer I had the idea to ask if there are bad consequences by changing it. In this time I think it is no problem to change it to 40 or more. But to increase it too much witout a need had not to be done. So what. It works now for me. I tried to get a possibility to change this Global Const by my code if needed. But there is no way it seems. Now I use it with int 40 and it works.

What ist really bad is the Return Val of _GUICtrlListView_Create() in case of failed is"0". @ERROR is set but no lead to the problem "increasing setted Val". So I hope this tread will help others to avoid long researches. Therefor I want to thank all constructive posts. 

Here again the facts for using 
_GUICtrlListView_Create() with several Child-GUIS increasing 16 Child-GUI-Instances:

1. _GUICtrlListView_Create() returns "0" when generating list fails.
  2. _GUICtrlListView_Create() allows by default only 16 Child-GUIs to place on it.
  3. The reason is the Sub-function "#include "UDFGlobalID.au3" which is included in _GUICtrlListView_Create()
  4. In "UDFGlobalID.au3" is a definition: "Global Const $_UDF_GlobalID_MAX_WIN = 16  ; original = 16". This defines that this func will only scan in a loop only 16 instances for WHNDs fitting. If you have more the 16 targets the others will not have a ListView placed. _GUICtrlListView_Create() will return "0".

Solution

1. "Global Const $_UDF_GlobalID_MAX_WIN = [Val you really max want to have] (recommended not higher you really need to have because the loop always loops for this val
  2. Keep in mind that "UDFGlobalID.au3" is used in a handful other scripts by default. So do a careful testing of your application.
  3. Do it on your own risk!
  4. This solution in NOT an official forum solution and is not commited with the holder of Autoit Knowledge. Just my way to solve it.
  5. Thanks to BrewmanH for providing the lead.
  6. Have a nice work.

Thanks! :bye:

Greetings

Andrew