ControlsetText and GUICtrlSetData not working if window is not active

I have no idea what you have on line 220 in your script, the script I posted has this on line 220.

$ext = StringTrimLeft($Selected, StringInStr($Selected, ".", Default, -1)); finds last "." and returns only the ext

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Func _DownloadFiles()
    Local $Indices, $sSelected
    Switch @GUI_CtrlId
        Case $All
            $AllDownloading = 1
            Allclick()
        Case $Get, $idTrailer
            ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $Trailer = ' & $Trailer & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console
            $Indices = _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectedIndices($ListView1) + 1; returns line number that user has selected (add 1 because index starts at 0)
            $sSelected = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($ListView1, $Indices - 1, 2); item text of selected line
            Download($sSelected)
    EndSwitch
EndFunc   ;==>_DownloadFiles
Func Allclick()
    Local $Selected
    Local Static $z = 1
;~  $start = 0
    Local $Allmovies[1]
    _FileReadToArray("TL.txt", $Allmovies)
;~  For $z = 1 To $Allmovies[0]; For all movies
    $Selected = $Allmovies[$z]
    Download($Selected)
    $z += 1
    If $z > $Allmovies[0] Then Exit
;~  Next
;~  Exit
EndFunc   ;==>Allclick

Download($Selected) is used a few times in here.   Is it being used in place of Inetget?  I dont ever see it defined in the script as to how it should function

Edited by wisem2540

It's a function called Download that's being referenced.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

First of all, let me point out that so far, the script seems to work as I expect it to.  However, I am still confused by the download function.  I dont actually see a download function defined in the scipt, so I can only assume that its built into autoit?? Can you clarify where the download function instructions/ arguments are?

thanks

The download function is in the script I posted.

Func Download($Selected)
    ;Will download user selected trailer when pressing "GET" button
    Global $Filename = StringTrimLeft($Selected, StringInStr($Selected, "/", Default, -1)); finds last "\" and trims only the file name
    $ext = StringTrimLeft($Selected, StringInStr($Selected, ".", Default, -1)); finds last "." and returns only the ext
    $Append = IniRead("Settings.ini", "Settings", "Append_Text", "")
    If IniRead("Settings.ini", "Settings", "Append_FileName", "Error") = 1 Then; if append is enabled
        $Filename = StringTrimRight($Filename, 4); trim file ext
        $Filename = $Filename & $Append & "." & $ext; add append text and file ext for new filename
    EndIf
    If StringInStr($Selected, "Apple") = 0 Then; if download link is not from apple, do not change UserAgent
        HttpSetUserAgent("AutoIt")
    Else; if it is from apple, change user string to Quicktime.  As of creation of this script, apple only allows quicktime to download trailers.  This will spoof that
        HttpSetUserAgent("QuickTime")
    EndIf
    ;Start progress bar code
    If FileExists($Save & "\" & $Filename) Then
        MsgBox(4096, "Info", $Save & "\" & $Filename & " Already Downloaded"); If file exists, warn. ELSE download
    Else
        $url = $Selected ;Set URL
        $folder = $Save ;Set folder
        $hInet = InetGet($url, $Save & "\" & $Filename, 1, 1) ;Forces a reload from the remote site and return immediately and download in the background
        Global $FileSize = InetGetSize($url) ;Get file size
        AdlibRegister("Prog", 1000); updates progress bar every second
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>Download

Bewman,

Im sorry to be a pest, but im really having a hard time wrapping my head around why this code works.  I have redesigned this GUI and tried to adapt what you did to this GUI and I cannot get it to work at all.  In the new code, there is an array called $Trailer now.  If I could just loop through that, id be happy.  But I get GUI freezing, and high CPU usage in the ALLCLICK function.  Can you take another look at it and explain why I am so dense...  :)

Edited by wisem2540

You're not using the code I posted, why should I even try to give you a working example if you're not even going to attempt to use it?

Brewman,

I have been playing around more with the code you posted.  It seems with the new GUI, the app crashes at the end of ALLCLICK, when it tries to add 1 to $Z - Though it does work with the old GUI.  That is what is puzzling

Func Allclick()
    Local $Selected
    Local Static $z = 1
;~  $start = 0
    Local $Allmovies[1]
    _FileReadToArray("TL.txt", $Allmovies)
;~  For $z = 1 To $Allmovies[0]; For all movies
    $Selected = $Allmovies[$z]
    Download($Selected)
    $z += 1
    If $z > $Allmovies[0] Then Exit
;~  Next
;~  Exit

Can you explain how the script knows to go back and loop through the array, since I do not see a FOR command?  I tried dropping a msgbox in place of the download call, hoping it would loop through, and it does not

Edited by wisem2540