Sign in to follow this  
Jabberwock

adding files ?

Jabberwock

I was curious to how i would add a file to be included with the script, i've put a banner on my GUI script and when i convert it to a executable, it dosn't get included, anyone know how?

Helge

If you thought that the file should automatically be included in your

compiled script then you're wrong. Read on FileInstall in the docs

on how to "manually" include and extract the file. Good luck !

Jabberwock

No, i didn't think it would automatically assume to include it, i was just wondering how, and your advice dosn't help. FileInstall("C:\test.au3", "D:\mydir\test.au3") is all it says, by adding that...that dosn't exactly tell it to include a file with it.....

Jabberwock

well, what if i just want to keep everything inside the executable? and not just extract the contents.

LxP

Welcome to the forums!

The closest working solution to your problem is to extract the necessary files to the user's Temp folder and then delete them either immediately after they're needed or en masse at the end of the script. For all intents and purposes (unless the user looks in their Temp folder while running your compiled script) this is as good as not extracting the files at all, or 'using them internally'.

eJan

Try this way:

Func _InstallFiles()
    FileInstall("au.exe", $string & "\au.exe", 1)
EndFunc
..the file will be included into compiled script (in My case func is called with click on button).

AutoChris

well, what if i just want to keep everything inside the executable? and not just extract the contents.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you don't want to extract the .au3 file you include in your script, then use:

#include <myscript.au3>