Signature creation in MS Outlook 2003

Hi,

I would like to know how i can make a script wich can fetch information from an Active Directory on a Domain Controller.

What i would like to do is making a script wich adds a custom signature in Microsoft Outlook 2003. In this signature must be put in the Username wich if possible can copied from the Active Directory.

In this way i can make one script and let it execute it once to give the people there own signature.

I hope my suggestion/problem is clear enough to understand.

If not let me know and i will try even harder to give you more information.

Thank you.

Hi,

I would like to know how i can make a script wich can fetch information from an Active Directory on a Domain Controller.

What i would like to do is making a script wich adds a custom signature in Microsoft Outlook 2003. In this signature must be put in the Username wich if possible can copied from the Active Directory.

In this way i can make one script and let it execute it once to give the people there own signature.

I hope my suggestion/problem is clear enough to understand.

If not let me know and i will try even harder to give you more information.

Thank you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I am to understand you correctly, you just want a script to grab a user's real name which you have stored in Active Directory. Your usage in Outlook is really irrelevant to your request.

Check out the Scriptomatic for AutoIt written by SvenP. Specifically the Win32_UserAccount.

If I am to understand you correctly, you just want a script to grab a user's real name which you have stored in Active Directory. Your usage in Outlook is really irrelevant to your request.

Check out the Scriptomatic for AutoIt written by SvenP. Specifically the Win32_UserAccount.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Correctly, something can be so simple if you took 10 min off and then look again at what you want :whistle:

But i cant find the Win32_UserAccount section.

But i didnt tell you that my experience with programming is not so good as some of you guys, so i hope it isn't that hard to implement.

But i cant find the Win32_UserAccount section.

But i didnt tell you that my experience with programming is not so good as some of you guys, so i hope it isn't that hard to implement.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can't find the Win32_UserAccount in the Scriptomatic?! It is listed under the WMI Class combobox.

Be sure to thank SvenP after you have studied it, written your script and benefitted from his hard work.

Just wondering:  Would this script be run on the server or on the user's workstation (login script)?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This will be converted to an .exe.

So if one pc is formatted you can easily execute it and you got your signature back. So it will be executed locally on the machine.

The only thing i need is a variable wich will be filled with the full name from active directory.

If i look at the post above and scriptomatic, i don't know what to do.

The knowledge you need for that kind of programming is to high for me.

Edited by Iznogoud