Background macro's

Alright im kinda used to writing simple macro for games, and repeating tasks. Yet i have one question thats i cant seem to find the answer too, Whats makes Some macro programs run in background and lets you use your computer for other things while its doing what it was designed for. Compared to the macro i build that once started i cant use the computer for nothing else unless i stop it.

Im interested i knowing what im doing wrong. I would like to know if there is any tutorials that i could follow, Or some key words i could use to seach on internet that would explain what im trying to solve.

Background:

- EZ macro programming

- Beginners programming C++

In AutoIt one of the great things you can do is hook directly in the control. For example the command "ControlSend" will send what you want to a control to the window you want. It makes no difference if the window has focus or not. There are many commands that overall can do just about anything you need. The help file has hundreds of examples to lead you on your way of meeting all of your coding needs. There is also Youtube videos, the AutoIt Wiki and other forums hosted in different countries that can answer you questions.

Now, saying all that please understand what I'm about to say - your first post mentions games. We do not allow discussions of automating games here. (see the forum rules). We do however welcome and encourage other types of questions, providing of help and support to members. If you are not sure, just ask. Many of us have been here for many years and we are happy to help.

didint know about the game thing sorry but it was basicly as a referance, the best way i could find to discribe it hehe.

But thank for the heads up. already have the tutorial book downloaded just wanted to make sure this program could do what i wanted it to :) ill get reading i guess.

next thing i wanna read up on is image/pixel detection :)