FileOpenDialog "init dir" always C:\TEMP?

Just to clarify (I posted the message that started this thread), I'm using the current release version, 3.3.8.1. I haven't downloaded or installed any beta versions.

EDIT: But on reading the thread, I realized that I'm seeing the same problem described in an earlier post:

I tested this, and found that if I run this on any of the beta versions starting from at least 3.3.9.8, if you use FileOpenDialog in SciTE, navigate to a folder, and open a file from that folder. If you run it again from SciTE it will open the FileOpenDialog from that folder, and disregards the "init dir" parameter. It does not do this in 3.3.8.1.

I last worked on this script a few months ago, and I remembered that the files I used for testing were in C:TEMP, so somehow, the editor seems to have remembered that, and continued to use it instead of the "init dir". When I boot back into my XP system later, I'll see if there's something stored in the registry that's causing this and will report back.

Edited by emendelson

Well, I found part of the answer, at least for the problem as it exists in my system. Part of the problem was user-stupidity, because I didn't remember some software that I have installed.

On my XP system, I use a utility that enhances File/Open and File/Save dialog boxes by remembering earlier choices; it's called Dialog Box Assistant, and it's from Xeletrix (www.xeletrix.com). The site and program haven't been updated since 2005, but the program still works. I have an unreleased beta that supports hotkeys.

Anyway, one of the program's options is "Remember recently used folder" which (no surprise here) remembers the most recently used folder of individual applications. If I turn this option off, then the script runs normally and opens "init dir." The utility is acting as designed.

What puzzles me now is why similar behavior should be visible on other systems, as reported in other messages on this thread.