automate install of application

i have an application that is requiring a reboot of the system, when the system reboots it comes up finish's the install. i need to automate this and just wondering if anyone had any ideas. what ide like to know if there is a way to have the script restart windows ( i guess i could just send an alt f4 ), but some how when the computer reboots i need the script to start up again where it left off?

i have an application that is requiring a reboot of the system, when the system reboots it comes up finish's the install.  i need to automate this and just wondering if anyone had any ideas.  what ide like to know if there is a way to have the script restart windows ( i guess i could just send an alt f4 ), but some how when the computer reboots i need the script to start up again where it left off?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not too difficult. You can use Shutdown() to reboot Windows and put an entry either in StartUp with a link to your script (and delete it when it runs again) or in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce.

Edit: To have your script start where it left off, you can have it check that StartUp file to see if it exists (and delete it) to continue another part of the script or drop a temp file and check for that.

Edited by SerialKiller

thx for the info, thats really all i needed to know. only other question i guess is how would i make it start where it left off in the script? maybe it would just be easier to have a second script that runs when it reboots from where it left off.

thx for the info, thats really all i needed to know.  only other question i guess is how would i make it start where it left off in the script? maybe it would just be easier to have a second script that runs when it reboots from where it left off.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You were too quick on your reply. Check me EDITED post above. :whistle: