Detect some special key w/o Hex code

Hi guys,

I'd like to know if my problem can be fixed.

On my keyboard, there are 7 special keys (http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5630/8r8b.jpg there's a picture). I knew that each key send a HEX code to the pc, and then the PC "translate" it in a visual character. But this keys doesn't have a HEX key.

I've also wrote a piece of code, to detect if any key is pressed... It works with the whole keyboard but with this keys.

So, my question is: how can I detect when this keys are pressed?

Thanks

P.S. There's the code I've used to map my keyboard

<snip>

Edited by Melba23
Code removed - see below

• Moderators

riki107,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum. :)

Those keys are usually hardwired to the motherboard and are specific to each model. So they cannot be detected by AutoIt - the same is true of the "Fn" key that is found on most laptops. :(

And please read this announcement - then you will understand why I have removed the code you posted above and why you should not post anything like it again. :naughty:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Hi Melba23, thanks for your speed in answering :)
Yes, I'm sorry, I didn't think that it could be seen as Keylogger, sorry. I had the need to solve this problem because I've created a little tool that allows me to lock my PC without locking it from the users' login interface. These keys give me a lot of problem, because they can potentially avoid my script.

So, there's no solution. :( Do you know any way to fix it, even without using Autoit?