Instructions Writer

Well,

I have just come up with my next project to attempt to tackle but It's going to be rough.

I test alot of software at my job and becuase of that I am also asked to write up instructions for others to follow once Alpha testing has been completed. Well, I'm sick of writing them by hand so I thought about something.

I am going to write an AutoIT script that will write instructions for me, with screenshots and such. My goal is to use the COM support to write the instructions and screenshots directly into a Word doc

will do the following.

1. On every new window that is selected take a screenshot

2. List a click such as Click on "Get Button Text"

3. List text that is sent such as in "Get Edit1 text" type "6"

4. when a new window is selected I'll have to put in some kind of Open/Wait until opened "Windows Name"

I guess this will be very simmilar to the Macro recorder only it will be for instructions instead of scripts.

I test Web Apps also so I think I will be visiting Dales IE.au3 script also to try and track shortcut clicking and such.

:dance::dance::whistle:

Mike

IE.au3 is awesome. I have been using it to automate some web testing. I haven't gotten too deep into it yet as I only need to quickly smoke test before I release to the regular testers after I do a build but it works as advertised.

IE.au3 is awesome. I have been using it to automate some web testing. I haven't gotten too deep into it yet as I only need to quickly smoke test before I release to the regular testers after I do a build but it works as advertised.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would love to see a Firefox.au3 UDF rather than an IE.au3 UDF personally. Mostly because I have no idea how to go about creating one myself.