Scite Editor Autoit Settings

Jos

• Developers

Valik, i had a strange thing going on with the autocomplete not working after a space.....finally figured out that I had a space added after the @ in the line you proposed:

autocomplete.au3.start.characters=$(chars.alpha)$chars.numeric)@

I also added this line to the au3.properties because i don't like Scite to autocomplete without me hitting the TAB key:

autocomplete.choose.single=0

I re-uploaded scilexer.zip with these changes...

Also several Sendkeys added to the table that were still missing.....

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JdeB, found another issue with the lexer. This one is with comment blocks. If a pre-proecessor statement is found inside a comment block, anything after that statement will not be marked as a comment. In this example:

#cs
MsgBox(0, "", "Comment style")
#include "Not comment style"
MsgBox(0, "", "Not comment style")
#ce

#cs, MsgBox(0, "", "Comment style"), and #ce are all colored using the comment style. The #include and second MsgBox appear in their normal styles.

Edited by Valik

• Developers

Valik, updated the lexer in scite.zip to fix this issue....

Also added the Gui commands to the au3.properties and API files.

I have submitted the previous updates last Friday to Neil, so will hold of this one to see if other issues are found....

EDIT: fixed the link

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Don't think it's uploaded... The lexer still has the problem and I don't see the GUI stuff (Nor do I see the API file at all).

JdeB, could you post the source or email it to me for your lexer? I want to try adding something that makes it Visual Studio like, but it could be tricky and probably not many people want or care about it, so I don't see the sense in making you work on it (It's sort of a trivial thing).

• Developers

Don't think it's uploaded...  The lexer still has the problem and I don't see the GUI stuff (Nor do I see the API file at all).

JdeB, could you post the source or email it to me for your lexer?  I want to try adding something that makes it Visual Studio like, but it could be tricky and probably not many people want or care about it, so I don't see the sense in making you work on it (It's sort of a trivial thing).

:D well i did the upload but pointed you to the wrong file....

try: scite.zip

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Seems interesting, I tried this editor, but it does not colorize the sintax. Even selecting the AutoIt 3 language from the menu do not have any effect... What did I do wrong?

I downloaded the all in one file version, unpacked in folder. Unpacked your file in the same folder edited the autoit path in the au3.proprieties file... and it does not work.. :D

/EDIT/ All solved! THANKs to JdeB!!

Edited by ezzetabi

I started using this editor instead of the CrimsonEditor I used before, but I have a problem. The font arent very readable. There is a way to change font?

/EDIT/ Solved. Again Thanks JdeB, you are the best. :D

Edited by ezzetabi

• Developers

I started using this editor instead of the CrimsonEditor I used before, but I have a problem. The font arent very readable. There is a way to change font?

In Sciteglobal.properties file there is a line called:

font.monospace=font:Courier New,size:10

This determines the font used for monospace.

in au3.properties you have the following info:

use.monospaced=1 -> this tell Scite to use mono space font

and these are all thedefinitions for all different type of code.. you can customise them all if you want....

# White space

style.au3.0=fore:#000000,$(font.au3)

# Comment line

style.au3.1=fore:#009933,italics

# Comment block

style.au3.2=fore:#669900,italics

# Number

style.au3.3=fore:#AC00A9,bold,italics

# Function

style.au3.4=fore:#000090,bold,italics

# Keyword

style.au3.5=fore:#0000FF,bold

# Macro

style.au3.6=fore:#FF33FF,bold

# String

style.au3.7=fore:#9999CC,bold

# Operator

style.au3.8=fore:#FF0000,bold

# Variable

style.au3.9=fore:#AA0000,bold

# Sent keys in string

style.au3.10=fore:#FF8800,bold

# Pre-Processor

style.au3.11=fore:#F000FF,italics

Let me know when somebody has an even better color setup :D

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

It has become a lengthy threat but i believe we have ended up with a pretty good Editor with lots of good functionality.... (see below text from the included readme.txt)

Also made a single install file available for anybody that would like to try it and don't have Scite installed yet: Install_SciTe.exe. It contains both the Scite Editor install and the AutoIt3 config stuff and install in a single procedure.

- or -

Download sciteau3.exe (selfextracting Zip) to update Scite with the lastest Lexer and Config files.

General info

============

SciTE is a SCIntilla based Text Editor. Originally built to demonstrate Scintilla, it has grown to be a generally

useful editor with facilities for building and running programs.

Anyone that wants to try it out , this is what you need to do to get it to work for AutoIt3:

- First install the SciTE program from : Scite Editor

- Download the Autoit lexer and settings files (sciteau3.exe) and run it to install the Autoit Setting.

- It willupdate the "Edit" option for AutoIt3 files and optionally change the default setting from "Run" to "Edit"

It will do:

- syntax highlighting

- Auto Complete AutoIt commands automatically

(suggest the option in a dropdownbox while typing), just hit ENTER or TAB to Autocomplete.)

- Auto Complete anything already in the script With Ctrl+Enter

- Intellisense (like CyberSlugs script)

- Code folding

- Auto indentation while typing... 

- F1 will open Helpfile on the keyword were the cursor is located

- F5 will Run your autoit program

- F7 Will Build (compile) your script

- Ctrl+9 will run Tidy.exe (included in the zip file) to auto indent your source file.

The SciTEAU3.exe file contains the following files:

- the compiled SciLexer.dll with the latest update for AutoIt3 Syntax highlighting.

- the au3.properties file that contains the color settings,keywords,functions,macros and sendkeys.

- SciTEGlobal.properties with the info for AU3.

- api/au3.api file for intellisense and Autocomplete.

- All tidy source and program stuff.. will be stored to your SciTedir\tidy.

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

As everybody seems in love with this editor I jump in.

Nice Job JdeB.

I have 2 first questions

• do I need to update properties to have a fixed font?
  • can you change the au3.properties so the autoit3 dir can be @programfilesdir\autoit3 not c:\... I am on f:\...
:D

• Developers

As everybody seems in love with this editor I jump in.

Nice Job JdeB.

I have 2 first questions

• do I need to update properties to have a fixed font?

• can you change the au3.properties so the autoit3 dir can be @programfilesdir\autoit3 not c:\...  I am on f:\...
:D
@JP,

1. you should have fixed fonts when you use all files in the install set....

this line in au3.properties determines that:

This line in Sciteglobal.properties file sets the font to use for monospace:

2. Will change it to "autoit3dir=\program files\autoit3" ... in the next version, that should also work for you then... don't think there is a @programfilesdir like variable in Scite we could use.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@JP, 

2. Will change it to "autoit3dir=\program files\autoit3" ... in the next version, that should also work for you then...    don't think there is a  @programfilesdir like variable in Scite we could use.

Sigh, I'm going to sound like a contrarian, but that is not my intent. Along with everyone else, I am very impressed with your mastery of the configuration files and the install procedure. :lol: However, I still think Crimson is the superior editor. It has (for me) many, more useful and convenient features than the Scite editor. :huh2: I do envy the fold feature though, but I still have Tidy.EXE and that completely makes up for it.

I can undo the install, but it would be nice if the install included an uninstall too. :D

Gene

PS. I want to note that as far as I know, you were the last one to update the Crimson AutoIt config files on the AutoIt Yahoo Group site, and an excellent job that was too. :)

[font="Verdana"]Thanks for the response.Gene[/font]Yes, I know the punctuation is not right...

What exactly about Crimson is better? And SciTE now has a built-in scripting language, so most likely, whatever those features you are lacking are, they can be easily scripted (Provided one of us spends a little time to learn Lua)...

• Developers

I can undo the install, but it would be nice if the install included an uninstall too. :D

Hmmm ...Are you sure you gave it a real try?? :huh2:

SciteUninstall.AU3

;============================================================================
; UNinstall SCite and all subdirs
;=============================================================================
$SCITEPATH = RegRead('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Scite', '') 
If @error = 0 and FileExists( $SCITEPATH) Then
   $rc = MsgBox(1,"Scite uninstall", "Are you sure you want the delete the Scite directory: " & $SCITEPATH & " and all its subdirectories")
   If $RC = 1 then 
      DirRemove($SCITEPATH,1)
      MsgBox(0,"Scite uninstalled", "Scite uninstalled")
      RegDelete('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Scite', '') 
   EndIf
Else
   MsgBox(0,"Scite not installed", "Scite is not installed on this pc.")
Endif

The Crimson and other config files are now maintain by Jon..... he generates them and supplies them in the \Extra\Editors\Crimson subdir...

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

SciTE now has a built-in scripting language, so most likely, whatever those features you are lacking are, they can be easily scripted (Provided one of us spends a little time to learn Lua)...

Look like they will release 1.60 tomorrow.....

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Made a mistake with the au3.properties file in my previous upload... it contained an older version.

The instalsets are updated with the correct au3.properties and you can also just download the updated au3.properties file here.

This file contains the missing ElseIf and also update this line on JPM's request:

autoit3dir=\program files\autoit3

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@JP, 

2. Will change it to "autoit3dir=\program files\autoit3" ... in the next version, that should also work for you then...    don't think there is a  @programfilesdir like variable in Scite we could use.

Thanks,

The download of au3.properties solve my font impression. AS I understand now the setting of the font is inside it instead of the global properties. :D