Preserve EOF?

Proph

I am trying to use IniRead IniWrite functions on my txtsetup.sif file to automate some file edits but it seems that autoit is getting rid of the EOF (End Of File) mark that is in the file. As far as I understand the EOF is very important. Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong? Or is this an autoit error?

I am trying to use IniRead IniWrite functions on my txtsetup.sif file to automate some file edits but it seems that autoit is getting rid of the EOF (End Of File) mark that is in the file. As far as I understand the EOF is very important.  Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong? Or is this an autoit error?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

according to my calculations you dont need EOF but post some of your script so we can help you more..

[right][font="Courier New"]...Run these streets all day, I can sleep when I die.[/font] [/right]

It seems your code is wrong.

This works

$var = IniReadSection("C:\TXTSETUP.SiF", "SourceDisksNames")
If @error Then 
    MsgBox(4096, "", "Error")
Else
    For $i = 1 To $var[0][0]
        MsgBox(4096, "", "Key: " & $var[$i][0] & @CRLF & "Value: " & $var[$i][1])
    Next
    IniWrite ( "C:\TXTSETUP.SiF", "SourceDisksNames", ";", "test" )
EndIf

INIRead() and INIWrite() both use calls to Windows itself to get the job done. If INIWrite() removes the EOF character from the end of your file then you can be pretty confident that INIRead() will never complain about it.