RESET Network Connection if Speed drops to 0

Go to solution Solved by 5471665561,

Hi guys

good day to all. I'm looking for some script to reset my connection when my network speed doesn't work or if I can't ping google for

example.

I tried looking for a similar topic but i have a hard time searching for scripts in the forum. hope you can help me. thanks.

If it exists. please post the link. 

Thanks again.  :sweating:

• Solution

The code below will do the following:

-Every second, ping google.

-if google does not respond in 4 seconds, then disable the local area connection, wait 3 seconds, then re-enable it. Then wait 15 seconds before checking again

-if google does respond in that time, then re-check in 1 second again

Note: I only tested this on Windows 7

While True
     Sleep(1000)
     If ping("www.google.com") == 0 Then
          run('wmic path win32_networkadapter where NetConnectionID="Local Area Connection" call disable')
          sleep(3000)
          run('wmic path win32_networkadapter where NetConnectionID="Local Area Connection" call enable')
          sleep(15000)
     EndIf
WEnd
Edited by Durnt

I'm trying to find out why you need to disable it then re-enable it. Is this happening @ home? @work? Do you have a router? Cable modem? Knowing your setup would be helpful. Just resetting your connection is not the solution. Figuring out the cause of your issue and getting it fixed is.

thanks MVP i dont know. Im new here. seems like our line is being monitored and i figured the only way i go with my internet connection  is via resetting

I read get tons of PDFs on line and when i finish 2 of the at a time my line keeps disconnected. I don't know why. Im not in good terms with the IT either.

I ask my colleagues if i can do the downloading for PDFs and they told me its okay.

My guess is thats my last resort. 

THANKS for all the help